1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Do you re-rack your weights when you finish with a piece of equipment?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by resartus, Jun 24, 2011.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

[​IMG] And kudos to (what sounds like) the Clarke reference. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Roscius

Roscius Well-Known Member

Some people do, alot of people dont and some jackasses put their weights where they shouldnt, so when you're damn tired and plan to put your weight back to the correct spot, you see this twice as heavy weight in a place thats its not. FRUSTRATING!!!

3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Well-Known Member

I don't get why anyone would complain about ppl reracking plates in the wrong order.. I mean wtf, is this like the gym police or something. You can already be quite happy if the bars and plates find their way back to the racks, no need to be super OCD about everything.

4. imageWIS

I don't get why anyone would complain about ppl reracking plates in the wrong order.. I mean wtf, is this like the gym police or something. You can already be quite happy if the bars and plates find their way back to the racks, no need to be super OCD about everything.

Yes, because putting things back in their right place is complicated and too hard to do... [​IMG]

5. Lagrangian

Which I did not state.

6. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I'm doing weights at the gym yesterday, everyone is in his 20-30's, and really not making any noise... this old man comes in, is doing super light weights and is grunting like a monkey that just saw a black monolith that holds the meaning of life. He grunts in every and each rep that he does. [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure I can out moan sharapova when I do my levers and l-sits.

7. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Well-Known Member

Yes, because putting things back in their right place is complicated and too hard to do... [​IMG]

Pretty much this.

Stop whining like little kids.

Big whoop if you have to pick up the heavy DBs from the top. Heck, it's much easier, ain't it.

And... you're there to exercise, not have everything right where you want it.

Lame...

8. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Well-Known Member

Pretty much this.

Big whoop if you have to pick up the heavy DBs from the top. Heck, it's much easier, ain't it.

Lame...

Some weight trees are designed so only certain weights fit in certain places and are labeled for that reason. So you put a 35 where a 10 should be. Then the 25 that should fit below won't fit and it throws off the entire tree. VERY fucking annoying when you literally can't pull a weight off without re-racking 6 other misplaced plates.

9. SladeDT

SladeDT Well-Known Member

Some weight trees are designed so only certain weights fit in certain places and are labeled for that reason. So you put a 35 where a 10 should be. Then the 25 that should fit below won't fit and it throws off the entire tree. VERY fucking annoying when you literally can't pull a weight off without re-racking 6 other misplaced plates.

Agreed. It's also a pain in the ass to have to search for your weights when there is obviously a pattern to be followed. I have a feeling these kids are the ones who never learned to color within the lines.

10. Lagrangian

Maybe I should have clarified my post somewhat... my gym mostly has these types of plate racks, where it's really irrelevant where one racks the plates:

[​IMG]

If you have those pyramid type things, it's probably another matter entirely.

11. D Yizz

D Yizz Well-Known Member

It is pretty difficult to train at peak hours, with seldom to no benches, dumbbells, etc. available, let alone having to hunt a pair all through the gym, and on top having to be careful not to hurt yourself with stuff left on the floor by meatheads with gallons of testo between each neuron. I can understand someone who leaves his stuff out of the rack between sets. Hell, I don't even care unloading a barbell or leg press machine, but 3 pairs of dumbells left on the floor after using them, that really makes me angry.

12. roryben

roryben Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's also a pain in the ass to have to search for your weights when there is obviously a pattern to be followed.

This. I rearrange the plates if they're not in the right place because I have OCD.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Pretty much this.

Lame...

Alternatively, stop being a lazy shit and re-rack your damn weights. You're there to exercise, right?

14. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

Pretty much this.

Lame...

lazy fuck

15. ThatGuy

lazy fuck

You are one of the biggest whiners on the boards. I said I rack weights, yet I don't care if they are not where I want them.

Who is the lazy fuck?

You shut your little whore mouth you little girl.

16. ThatGuy

Alternatively, stop being a lazy shit and re-rack your damn weights. You're there to exercise, right?

Read, you dumb redneck.

17. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

You are one of the biggest whiners on the boards. I said I rack weights, yet I don't care if they are not where I want them.

reracking weights is not about where you want them, it's about where others want them. you lazy fuck.

18. imageWIS

reracking weights is not about where you want them, it's about where others want them. you lazy fuck.

This. Just the damn things back and live with the rest of us. No one at the gym is your maid.

19. chunkmo

chunkmo Well-Known Member

I dont mind if they leave 20kg (44lb) plates on cause i usually start with that and work up from there anyway, but when its just a mess and they've left stuff everywhere, or have lots of little plates on there i rage. There's a couple of guys that deadlift, and every time they leave the bar is left on the deadlift pad, plates everywhere and sometimes there's dumbells scattered around too. FUuuuuu

20. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Well-Known Member

I saw a new one today, they did rerack them but they also did their exercises right in front of the rack so nobody else could use the dumbells.