1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Do women like shirts on a man inside there jeans? Or outside there Jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by John Costello c, Feb 21, 2013.

1. inside there jeans

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. outside there Jeans

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. John Costello c

John Costello c New Member

2. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

women, please vote?

:lurk:

3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

There jeans, here jeans, everywhere jeans.

5 people like this.
  4. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Well-Known Member

depending on they're situation their could be several right answers.

5. mcbrown

mcbrown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Bounder

Bounder Well-Known Member

FTFY

OP, I think all these jeans threads you are starting wood be better off in the SW&D (Streetwear & Denim) section of the forum.

7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Well-Known Member

Or better yet, on a forum not populated 99.9% by men.

8. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Well-Known Member

now they're is an example of working together! :/

lol

9. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

How many women do you think are going to respond to this question? What you'll really get is answers from a bunch of guys who use the info on this site as their last hope to attract a woman.

10. Big Texas

Big Texas Well-Known Member

There are easily 5,000 other details about a man's appearance and comportment that a woman will prioritize well above this issue.

11. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

Tex speaks the truth.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  12. erpet

erpet Well-Known Member

Dear OP,

When it comes to appearance, your own preference is more important. If you like your shirts tucked in, you should wear your shirts tucked in. Eventually you attract a woman who has the same preference and it is more likely that se will be a keeper than someone who wants something other than you.

13. CentralParkMan

CentralParkMan Well-Known Member

The answer depends on the situation and the outfit.There is no one right answer and not all women share the same opinion on this matter. ;-)

14. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

I keep my response (and opinion) within the context of the Classic Menswear section of this forum.
    It would be interesting to see responses to the same question in the Streetwear & Denim section if someone wants to create that thread.

A tucked or untucked shirt can be easily remedied if the man wishes to please his woman.
    A self-respecting woman for example, is going to be far more concerned about the man observing proper hygiene (brushed teeth, no bad breath, etc), well groomed (bathed and doesn't stink, washed hair, manicured fingernails, etc), and financially stable. He doesn't have to be young, rich or have movie star looks but he should be able to pay his own rent and bills, be responsible, mentally stable and be sensitive to her needs as well as his own. Cleanliness, good health, well mannered, mature, intelligent, responsible and in posession of some wit and a sense of humour, all in balance, are all turn-ons.
    Imagine you are a woman. Try it for a day or better yet, a week. I am serious. Going in drag is optional. And while you are in mental stealth 'chick mode' look objectively at every man you see on the street, train, bus, office, etc. How many of these men are attractive to you? You really wouldn't care if the mans shirt is tucked or not. What will matter more is that he is clean, kind, gentle, sensitive, mature, sociable and fun. A self-respecting woman looks at a man as a protector, lover, possible long term mate and considers a lifetime together, giving birth to their children, owning a house, car, and having, sharing and realising hopes and dreams together. His untucked shirt is the least of her concerns.
    Some of you may greatly benefit by reading some womens magazines, websites, or just getting to know them and asking them directly without hitting on them. I am sure they would be happy to let you in on a few things. Start by asking your mother, sister(s) and friends and learn from them. You may be suprised at what they will tell you.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  15. Bounder

Bounder Well-Known Member

You say that but then what's up with all the MY HABIT ads?

Never mind. I think I get it now . . . :eh:

16. Touching Cloth

Touching Cloth Active Member

A half tuck is a nice way to split the difference and play both sides of this contentious debate. Why choose?

1 person likes this.
  17. biged781

biged781 Well-Known Member

While not a woman, I feel confident in saying that you're going to look like a bit of a tool if you're young and tucking your shirt into your jeans (sans a jacket). Casual shirt + young mane + jeans = untucked. If you're wearing a long, formal shirt untucked with jeans then, well, stop that.

If you're on the other side of ~40 then you'll look fine either way.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  18. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Depends on the shirt. If I'm wearing a Polo it's tucked, but if I'm wearing a Robert Graham it's untucked.

19. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

This a ballot for ladies?

I'm not a woman, so I might not be eligible to vote here.

20. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

Their vs There

Diffen › English Language › Grammar
    Because they sound alike the words there and their are often misspelled. A good way to remember the difference is: The place "here" with a T is "there". While "there" refers to a place, "their" means belonging to them. For example, Their van was destroyed in the accident.