1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

do u wear a chain wallet?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Arnold_Horseshack, Jul 24, 2006.

1. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Well-Known Member

Would love pix of ur card case, AND the thin chain you get [​IMG] --Wade Oh, BTW, no chain here, wallet is always in my front left pocket.
    [​IMG]

2. J-Shock

J-Shock Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Simply amazing! Derrick can you give me some info on the card case? That is something i am looking for. I need a nice card holder as i dont really carry a wallet, only a small Mont Blanc card holder. I still wear my Red Moon braid but its hard to wear it without tying it to a wallet!

3. JO3B

JO3B Well-Known Member

attach your keys to the end and toss them in your back pocket.

4. xcoldricex

5. J-Shock

Extremely nice. I just went on the website and i am impressed. The rings are also spectacular.

Do you know where i might be able to order one?

6. xcoldricex

they have stockists on the website. check them out, probably some dealers in canada. i've got one of the rings also. apparently he will be designing accessories for chanel this season?

7. J-Shock

Yeah i will call a few today to find out.

One more question though, how thick is the wallet? Is it unconfortable in your pocket?

8. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Coldrice, I think we must have pretty similar aesthetics, because I continue to find your stuff amazing. Very nice card case indeed.

9. generic_guy

generic_guy Member

I've been looking for a leather strap, unfortunately the only one I can find is £35 on Oki-Ni [​IMG]

Chains are a bit much imo.

Are you in the UK? Gap has/had a thin black woven leather strap (and two styles of wallets with d-rings to attach it to), they've all gone from my local branch but they may still have them elsewhere (or in outlets). They were about £15 but by the time I got mine they were £2 [​IMG] (wallet was £2 from £20).
    H and M have thicker ones (imitation leather though) for about a fiver.
    I sometimes use a metal chain that's made up of skulls linked by bones (was about £3 from H and M).

10. generic_guy

generic_guy Member

Coldrice, I think we must have pretty similar aesthetics, because I continue to find your stuff amazing. Very nice card case indeed.
    *coldrice* has too many nice things, card case is just one more [​IMG]

11. manifest v

manifest v Well-Known Member

I almost pissed myself when the picture loaded. Man that is HOT!

[​IMG]

12. denimaddict

denimaddict Well-Known Member

BUMP!

Can anyone give me the brand/designer name of coldrice's card case?? The name is no longer in the thread....and I remember really likeing the jewelry and I want to buy a new necklace...Thanks people

13. brainmonster

brainmonster Active Member

personally I think wallets with chains look bad - it's okay only of your a punk/goth person. I like minimal, but high quality ornament. I think it looks kitschy but to each his own..

14. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Here in NY where most trends end up overdone and ghettofied - it's become ubiquitous. Often there is no wallet attached to the chains -- just a chain for the sake of having a chain.

memories of junior high come rushing back

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

I think men also wore chain wallets in the '50s with their suits.

There's a scene in Sunset Blvd. where the male character takes out a platinum chained wallet.

16. onion

onion Well-Known Member

I despise 'chain' wallets, but rope wallets, now that's a different story. After seeing a couple of WAYT post, I'm actually considering getting one. It's (or can/should be) subtle, and useful. In both the images below the chain is simple, short, and subtle. It's not suppose to be an attention grabber, nor should it make that annoying sound when you move. Both of these I think look great. [​IMG] or [​IMG]

17. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

I want to get one of those, but I'm going to get a new wallet if I do.

18. nextlevel

nextlevel Active Member

19. Surfrider

Surfrider Well-Known Member

I used to make "chain mail" for the SCA/D&D nerds at my HS. When I first got started doing so ten years ago I made two chains for myself using a square/box weave. The first is rather light weight, being made of 14g (or maybe it's 16...I can't recall offhand), 3/8" ID links. The second is much heavier, being made of 10g aluminum rings, but links of a similar size. They're each about 24" long. I don't wear them that often anymore, but when I do people comment on them often, and I get to tell them I made 'em myself! [​IMG]

20. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

BUMP!

Can anyone give me the brand/designer name of coldrice's card case?? The name is no longer in the thread....and I remember really likeing the jewelry and I want to buy a new necklace...Thanks people

http://www.ugocacciatori.it/