1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Do hair products make your hair fall out?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Ricky247, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Ricky247

Ricky247 Member

Hi everyone! I had a quick question: I'm trying to find a hair style for myself, and from what I tried Mousse and American Crew Fiber (together) work best. But there's a problem, I'm not sure if American crew does, but I'm pretty sure mousse makes your hair fall out because it contains alcohol. I really like using mousse, but I don't want to loose my hair.

So 1. Is there any type of mousse that I can use that WON'T make my hair fall out.
    2. What can I do to help keep my hair, and make it healthy.

Thanks a lot everyone and God Bless!

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

More likely is that your hair if falling out due to baldness. Try using nothing for a week and see if your hair continues to fall out.

3. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Well-Known Member

More likely is that your hair if falling out due to baldness.

+1

If your hair is seriously thinning or falling out, I wouldn't place the blame on your styling product. Get some Rogaine and/or Propecia if you're concerned (but watch out for the side effects with the latter).

4. Ricky247

Ricky247 Member

No, guys, I don't mean my hair is falling out now - it's not, it's healthy. I mean what's a safe product that I can so use that in the long run it won't effect my hair.

5. West24

West24 Well-Known Member

6. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

no, excessive masturbation makes your hair fall out.

7. Monaco

Monaco Well-Known Member

There should be some natural hair waxes if you google it.

My hair stylish told me to stay away from hairspray, that stuff damages your hair the most.

8. OakCreekHitter

OakCreekHitter Well-Known Member

The more you touch and run your fingers through your hair, the more chance you make hair fall out.

9. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

The more you touch and run your fingers through your hair, the more chance you make hair fall out.

myth

10. West24

West24 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on how thin or sensitive your hair is. My brother have our father's hair (thin) and if he scratches or rub a specific area often enough over time it may create a bald spot. (the hair eventually grow back) while this normally is not a problem for the average person's hair. Good thing our father do not have the bald gene, or he would quickly bald prematurely
    [​IMG]

theres no way this is true. unless ofcourse hes completely scratching his head to the point of breaking the skin.

11. Kslim

Kslim Well-Known Member

Your hair's gonna fall out regardless..

12. Ricky247

Ricky247 Member

Well does anybody know any type of mousse that is more healthy for the hair? And i've heard American Crew Fiber may be good for the hair - is that true?

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

personally i like Enjoy's creamy pomade. provides enough hold for medium to long hair (volume) and is palpable through the day.