1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Django Unchained

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Hannerhan, May 7, 2012.

1. sns23

sns23 Well-Known Member

Saw it a couple weeks ago and thought it was fantastic.

2. humza

humza Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever heard an audience laugh so hard in a scene involving the KKK.

3. Pennglock

Pennglock Well-Known Member

The movie was god-awful. Based off of the previews and Tarantino's last 3 films I knew Django would be a letdown, but I wasn't prepared for the 3-hour piece of shit that awaited.

If Tarantino is ever going to make a decent film again two things have to happen-- he need to hire an editor and a writer.

4. Hannerhan

Hannerhan Well-Known Member

Can't say that I agree with that...are you saying that is is no longer a good writer, or that he was never a good writer?

5. Pennglock

Pennglock Well-Known Member

Pulp Fiction was good writing and Jackie Brown was a great adaptation. But every single other film he's made is the kind of shit a group of 15 year old boys would come up with if you locked them in a room and made them outline a screenplay. In the case of Kill Bill Pt1, it works. In the 4 films following that, dogshit.

1 person likes this.
  6. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

with QT movies, I think the deciding factor on whether or not you'll enjoy them is how you were raised because he does push the envelope and touches on a lot of "sensitive" subjects. some people take offense to such things, while others shrug it off and accept it as just part of the movie.

7. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

i liked it. a lot. nuff said.

8. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

I'm kinda with Pennglock on that, but add Reservoir Dogs and True Romance to the list of "good" ones.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  10. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

It was completely ridiculous and I loved it.

11. in stitches

:slayer: correct

12. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I gotta agree with Pennglock here. The movie was good, and obviously gratuitous, but his story telling has really gone to hell in a handbag.

13. The Deacon

The Deacon Well-Known Member

I was very entertained by this movie and my 22 year old son howled throughout. There were about 20 people at the showing that we attended at 11:15am on thursday of which there were approx. seven Blacks. There was not much expression from the crowd which is kind of a bummer if you're attending a QT flick. The audience usually adds to the fun. "...for the right kind of Ninja" was a great line and was the gag that kept on giving. I wasn't offended in the least and I'm someone who studied racism in television (broadcast comstu major), also the civil rights movement from former Panthers and remain a student of American culture. I've been a fan of James Remar and Don Johnson for decades so it's doubtful that I could ever take issue with what they do or say on screen. Very good movie!

14. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

So that WAS Don Johnson! I fucking thought I recognized him.

15. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

The movie was hilarious

16. in stitches

just btw, and this is not in regard to any specific post, i saw the movie with an almost entirely black audience. they laughed and clapped throughout. if you are black and were offended, thats fine and to each their own, but if you are not, dont make any assumptions.

17. forex

forex Well-Known Member

Agree with stitches, audience was cracking and it was a great movie. It is not so much the story but performance of actors. Leo and Christopher Waltz nailed it.

1 person likes this.
  18. in stitches

yes. often with QT movies its really about watching the characters. and these guys nailed it in my opinion.

19. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

You made me think back in high school I went to see this movie called Higher Learning (back in the 90s)....audience was predominately black. And during one of the last scenes of the film, some dude yelled out "PORCHMONKEY!!!!". I swear I never have seen a white guy run so fast before or since then.

20. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

I for one have never seen a Tarantino movie I didn't love.

1 person likes this.