1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Dior prices on ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aybojs, Aug 2, 2004.

1. aybojs

aybojs Well-Known Member

I was shopping around today and found a pair of Dior Homme denim vests in either 48 or 50 (one heavily lacquered black one, one distressed blue one) for about $300+tax each. They looked kind of neat, and they're in my size, so I was contemplating of getting one with the possibility of flipping it on eBay since Dior seems to command a premium there. This is the only comparable auction I could find (don't know if they're same, the full retail price looked similar). Is that price an anomaly or would it be a good move to buy the vests and put them up?

2. aybojs

aybojs Well-Known Member

Just a quick bump before I go to lunch to see if anyone can advise.

thanks.

3. VWpete

VWpete Well-Known Member

Dior Homme does command a premium. That's still alot for a denim vest, but I think you could make a bit flipping them. I just snagged a pair of raw denim jeans for $120 on 70% markdown. Ebay prices are many times higher than great sale scores on Dior because you can't find it everywhere.

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

Where.?.?

5. VWpete

VWpete Well-Known Member

Bagutta on Greene just down from Cafe Cafe about 6 weeks ago. They have the deepest discounts at sale time. Last season I snagged an all black 100% cashmere, slim lapelled two- button dior overcoat at 70% off as well. I think there sale is dwindled immensely if not over like much of the city.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

(VWpete @ 03 Aug. 2004, 09:34) I just snagged a pair of raw denim jeans for $120 on 70% markdown.
    Where.?.?
    I second that demand...