1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Dior Homme suit I purchased on eBay.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wrongwroks, Jun 17, 2012.

1. wrongwroks

wrongwroks Active Member

After searching, I found out he was working as a Fashion Assistant for L'Uomo Vogue, who were behind the scene for Kanye West's italia photo shoot. It appears that the model on the picture in the listing is actually him.

And here is the replied from him.

"Hello,

Attached is the photo of the Dior pant label, size label, and composition tag. The jacket labels are accurately depicted in the auction photographs.
    As described, this suit is from the DIOR HOMME runway SS2003 season. It was worn on the runway and to an event. The jacket and pant are in pristine condition."

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. sherlocksmycrof

sherlocksmycrof Well-Known Member

Then this suit is a "on the runway" and worn to an event, but the sller said it's pristine. Good deal. I don't know if you will be expecting "better" quality if it is a "on the runway" product. Can you one clarify that to me?

3. 951socal

951socal Well-Known Member

probably not better, if it was actually the piece that was shown then it might be a little less quality.

Dior Homme plots their pattenrs on something akin to an Autocad drawing.

they then take these patterns, carefully cut them out and place them on models to see if it will work.
    after that they use fabric and then have the runway piece

the actual production is outsourced, so after they established the patterns and construction then they probably just have the company producing the article of clothing build it to those patterns for a set price

4. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Interesting thread.

I've heard runway pieces that are sold on stores are in fact fused (according to Gucci anyway). So I guess you're essentially paying for the creative style of it, and not the construction (as opposed to the staple, non-seasonal items which have more handwork and/or canvassing).

5. plei89

plei89 Well-Known Member

Ebay listing is removed... I wanted to see too..

6. sherlocksmycrof

7. plei89

plei89 Well-Known Member

This listing 150833808866 has been removed, or this item is not available.

Please check that you've entered the correct item number

Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

8. sherlocksmycrof

That, I do not know mate, I am still able to have an access to the page.

9. 951socal

951socal Well-Known Member

FYI: all dior pieces are dated by season and year on the fabric/care/comp tag.

10. plei89

plei89 Well-Known Member

Figured it out, I was on my phone that's why