• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Different Styles for men.

Joycie

Reaction score
I am 16 years old and still trying to find my particular style. I have friends that go the metro look, others that are surfer style, some that are more of a skater style and yet others that rock the bogan/yobbo look.
They all look great and wear their particular style in such a way that they can pull it off.

I want to try and get this thread going with people writing about their particular styles, what types of threads go under that style and a bit about how their personality is shown through what they wear.

I hope that we can get enough people to write about their own style that those like myself (who cant decide on a particular style) will have more information.

So if you think you know how to rock any fashion, then make a post and remember to not only say what fashion it is but to also talk about what kind of clothes are in that category and what kind of personality it represents (as we all know that people DO judge you on your appearance).

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16/f here, wanna chat?

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm 98% bogan/yobbo.

- B

Dude! You like totally are.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Dude! You like totally are.
I can't tell if he's implying that he's a Brit or an Aussie. I think FNB's loss has finaly driven him insane.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF is a bogan/yobbo?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As you can see by my avatar ... I'm totally into the bogan/yobbo look.

ektaylor

Reaction score
This is one of the best threads I have ever read. Oh god, I am bookmarking this with such enthusiastic optimism.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
WTF is a bogan/yobbo?
Since none of you yobs are willing to help me I figured it out myself. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yobbo Yobbo or yob is a slang term for an uncouth or thuggish working-class person. The word derives from a back slang reading of the word "boy" (boy or boyo reversed becomes yob or — slightly modified — yobbo).

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Since none of you yobs are willing to help me I figured it out myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yobbo

Yobbo or yob is a slang term for an uncouth or thuggish working-class person. The word derives from a back slang reading of the word "boy" (boy or boyo reversed becomes yob or "” slightly modified "” yobbo).

So that's why Vox is a true definition of Yobbo/Bogan

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
So that's why Vox is a true definition of Yobbo/Bogan

He's more Bogan IMO

The term bogan (pronounced /ˈboʊɡən/, rhyming with slogan) is Australian and New Zealand English slang, usually pejorative or self-deprecating, for a person who is, or is supposed to be, of a lower-class background and whose characteristics exemplify, often crudely, this background. The speech and mannerisms of a bogan, according to the stereotype, are such as to indicate poor education, a preference for cheap clothing, and uncultured upbringing. 'Bogans' tend to reside in poor suburbs or rural areas.

425px-Page2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads