1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

did i win?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by diaby2afc, Dec 12, 2012.

1. diaby2afc

diaby2afc Member

Hi folks. First time poster, long-time lurker.

Before coming across your forum, I thought a Hugo Boss suit was creme de la creme and Lauren suits from Macy's was one fantastic deal.

Further reading has proven otherwise and I looked for better suits.

I came across an HF suit on eBay and put in a cheeky bid of $300. Did I put in a decent bid?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271099803679?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

The price is pretty decent; I wouldn't feel bad about that.

Getting a black suit on the other hand...unless you already have the staples, I would've spent a bit extra or waited a bit longer to find something in charcoal or navy.

3. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

you could have tried to get a online tailor shop to make you a suit for around $300. wouldn't you rather have that? just a thought.

4. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

At the stage of the OP's knowledge and experience I would say not.

5. diaby2afc

diaby2afc Member

Thanks for your replies.

Black wasn't my first choice but I didn't have one in my collection and this was the only color available in my size. I didn't realize black was one to avoid.

There's currently a sale at JosABank for a gold signature for $227. I was considering that but apparently there is more favor for HF here. I also missed the Gilt sale for HSM suits at $250-$300. I guess this wasn't that bad a buy.

For online, I looked at Indochino but I thought HF was a better suit. Am I wrong?

6. diaby2afc

diaby2afc Member

Thanks for your replies.

Black wasn't my first choice but I didn't have one in my collection and this was the only color available in my size. I didn't realize black was one to avoid.

There's currently a sale at JosABank for a gold signature for $227. I was considering that but apparently there is more favor for HF here. I also missed the Gilt sale for HSM suits at $250-$300. I guess this wasn't that bad a buy.