1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Diablo III / 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by GreenFrog, Mar 24, 2012.

1. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

I'm level 55 in Hell. It has to do with your gear tbh. You should have 10k+ damage.

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

10k??????

=\

I have 2.9k with all my boost and I am nearing finishing NM.

Should I just quit now? :lol:

This is very reminiscence of Vindictus where others can see your stat sheets via right-click. And if you have under 13k+ DPS you get booted from boats to the launch of dungeons. OMG NO!! *light bulb*

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  3. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

No one? I'd quite like to know if I should ship off my legendary now, or keep it and hope it improves/I can find a use for it.

4. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in Act IV of Hell, at level 60, and my DPS is just under 12k. I'm dual wielding two swords at 500-550dps each. To get a significant boost, I'd have to buy some very, very expensive weapon upgrades. Any one-handed swords that are 700dps or above sell for one million gold pieces at a minimum.

My other problem is vitality. I have under 10k in hit points. I was over 15k before, but sacrificed a lot in shifting to equipment that boosts dexterity and provides resistance to all elements. I know I could focus on resistance to one element and stack with One of Everything, but I'd rather keep that passive skill slot open for other stuff.

5. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

700 dps weapons are going for much less than 1 mil. You can get a blue 700 dps 1 hander for 50k or less.

6. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

starting act 3 of hell with level 56 WD. I'm probably going to get to last quest and just do the boss rushes until 60 and farm for better gear before i attempt diablo and inferno difficulty.

7. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Yay, just finished Diablo in NM (level 50) at third try. Tough, but still sort of easy to beat, just time consuming. I've bought a few cheap upgrades in the ah and boosted my stats a lot, but they're still pretty weak. We'll see how far I come in hell.

[​IMG]

8. gettoasty

I have 3k currently without buff and lvl50 fighting Diablo in NM

Died once already. What setup you used in terms of skills?

9. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

I used http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acXYSj!bYX!ZaaZZa but you could probably use Charged Blast for the Magic Missile. You run all the time and spam orbs/missiles whenever Diablo tried to attack -- he usually just stands there for a while then. Whenever he charges you, freeze him (if timed rightly it stops the attack) and if he gets too close and dangerous, use Diamond Skin. If you get caged, spam DS and immediately drink a potion, or, if DS has CD spam frost nova, drink and hurry away. Same goes for the shadow. Always have a look at the minimap, that way you can locate him, but be aware of black spots (cages) on the ground. Then fucking move. I guess most of this is obvious but anyway. You'll kill him much faster than me because you have buffed like 4k (whereas I have 2.8k).

Oh, I think you could use the -CD rune for DS. It should absorb enough damage to last for one attack of Diablo. Less CD = more uses (esp. for the "molten" missiles that are hard to avoid and deal 3k dmg) = profit.
    Also, be careful with the shock attack of Diablo after you've killed the shadow. It's very easy to run away from (run 90° away from it either left or right), but if it somehow hits you very early, it's targeted on you, so immediately use DS.

10. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/zunimassas-vessel

The three pieces of this set that aren't WD-exclusive looks absolutely perfect for my Wiz. That's what I'm going to be wearing. Yeah Tal Rasha, I went there, 'cause you suck.

At the moment it would set me back about 20 million though, lol. 1/20th-way there already!

11. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

that's really low...my dps was 10.5k when i was fighting diablo for the first time in nm. i was lvl 51. sometimes it's not just about equipment but also switching around your passives

12. gettoasty

Took like 5 trys but got a hang of it and killed him quick.

My dilemma right now with Wiz is he takes so much dmg. Hits hard, but falls even harder?

How to boost DPS? Which passives?

I think you just have a lot better items. 10.5K DPS is not possible in NM unless you have the gear

Are people crafting all these set/unique/ rare items by chance? Or are the set items not craftable?

13. worakl

worakl Well-Known Member

What's your resistances like? It's fine with 0 a fair bit into nightmare, but come inferno, if you don't have at least 350-400 you're toast(y).

14. nahneun

i bought a weapon off the AH. my DPS went from 4.8k to over 10k by equipping the sharpshooter passive on my dh. you should look at your passives. though to be honest, my character is a complete glass cannon right now. i'll probably have to get more damage reduction gear in lieu of damage once i progress in hell. joined my friend's act 3 game and i was getting one shotted by almosteverything lol but this was in a 3 man game.

15. gettoasty

16. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Well-Known Member

Just hit level 60, bought a nice new weapon on the AH that should double my DPS and found out that the AH is currently broken and taking people's money without giving them items. Ughhh.

17. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Well-Known Member

Equipping sharpshooter gives you a very inflated (to the point where its meaningless) number for your DPS. If you have it on for approx 30+ seconds you will be at 100% critical chance. Watch your dps screen during a battle and you'll see what I mean. My "damage" with SS built to 100% crit is 53k, but without it's 27k... My 'real' DPS is probably somewhere around 30k.

18. nahneun

Yeah i know it just sounds cool to break that 10k barrier 8D

19. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

the fuck? are you serious? i opened a ticket that went 5 days without being answered, spent 1 hour on hold with blizzard CS on wednesday only to finally get my shit back TODAY. and i got rolled back from lvl 50 to lvl 44 and back to noob items; AH was busted tonight too so i couldn't gear back up. i suppose i should be happy, but the game kinda feels like work right now. at least i found some pretty sick pauldrons tonight..

20. gort

gort Well-Known Member