1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Deoderant recomendations

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Flame, May 2, 2006.

1. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

Does using an antiperspirant cause you to sweat more from your face/head?

A regular antiperspirant won't. In fact, a regular antiperspirant will likely make you sweat more from your pits, as your body works harder to sweat. With a product like Odaban, which completely stops sweating in the area applied, I find that I get more of what they call compensatory sweating from my chest, and sometimes back. However, I would take more sweat anywhere to avoid pit sweat, as it smells the worst, stains the most and looks the grossest.

2. visionology

visionology Well-Known Member

On the websites of the more "hardcore" anti-perspirant brands such as Drysol and Certain-Dri they make it clear than their product works to block the sweat pores in your arm pits and it is safe because your body automatically re-routs the sweat to other areas of your body. However since your entire body is covered with sweat pores they say it usually will not be noticeable in other areas. For example all the sweat isn't going to go to your feet, it will be dispersed.

3. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

On the websites of the more "hardcore" anti-perspirant brands such as Drysol and Certain-Dri they make it clear than their product works to block the sweat pores in your arm pits and it is safe because your body automatically re-routs the sweat to other areas of your body. However since your entire body is covered with sweat pores they say it usually will not be noticeable in other areas. For example all the sweat isn't going to go to your feet, it will be dispersed.

Yes, but I would imagine if you are, for example, a big foot sweater, that that area would become even sweatier, but I could be wrong. All I know is my pits are dry and don't stink, and beyond that I don't really care.

4. mgroup

mgroup Member

Recently, summer has come upon and the sweltering heat has caused my pits to drip with sweat.

Is there an unscented deoderant that doesn't interfere with my EDTs and colognes? I normally shop at the Bath and Body works for such so a recommend of a product there is very appreciated.

You could always try a t-shirt that has protective underarm shields like these here:

http://www.kleinertsshields.com/products.php?cat=39

http://www.advantagewear.com/cart/mwv-7.htm

5. Kid609

Kid609 Well-Known Member

Degree works pretty good.

6. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

I like one called Odaban, from www.odaban.com, better. Lasts longer, stings less, more powerful, and it is in a spray bottle, so it never leaks.

I got the recommendation from DGP a while ago. Works great. I bought two bottles online from Westons (UK). Fast shippping. Before this I was using Mitchum roll-ons which are good but Odaban is much better.

7. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I got the recommendation from DGP a while ago. Works great. I bought two bottles online from Westons (UK). Fast shippping. Before this I was using Mitchum roll-ons which are good but Odaban is much better.

What is Westons, and how fast do they ship? I have only ever ordered mine from the Odaban site, and my one complaint is that it takes up to three weeks to get an order. Hasn't been a problem for me yet, but I can just imagine if I leave mine in a hotel room, or run out or something and need a replacement sooner.

8. Impulse155

Impulse155 Well-Known Member

i use the axe

it smells as soon as u open it up but after that u dont smell it w/o actually trying to sniff ur armpit

dont use the spray its to strong

try to stay away from essence, for me, my bro, and a friend it made us gets swetty pits and itchy pits ( we dont share the sticks btw it was all different sticks)[​IMG]

9. higher

higher New Member

Vichy produces very nice deodorants. No smell, no spots and unisex. But the power depends on your personal characteristics

10. Tyto

Tyto Well-Known Member

I use the Trader Joe's house brand deodorant--unscented, no aluminum. I've been happy so far (been using it for about three months), but summer hasn't really hit hard yet, so I'm not sure how I'll fare w/o a true antiperspirant.

11. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

I personally use Lacoste deodorant. After years of trying the other stuff, I find this to work best for me. It lasts all day and doesn't leave stains on my shirts. I think they key to its effectiveness is its lightness, which lets my pits breath, unlike the other supermarket varieties.

12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Well-Known Member

One of my best friends sweats profusely, without even moving or anything, he just sweats, just in his DNA. Recently he started getting Botox injections in his pits (covered by his insurance I think) and he no longer sweats. True story.

13. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Well-Known Member

14. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

I'm using Sharps, pit guard, and like it very much. No aluminum, goes on dry, and no scent. I think it provides only light protection, which is fine for me because I don't need much.

15. preynhunt

preynhunt Member

old spice red zone, the best man. get the long lasting one, it lasts a long time, and i hardly sweat under the armpits