• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim 101 for Men's Clothing

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
KMW 1950s and 2010s in 36 should fit you at 38.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Problem is I'm more of a 40...

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Problem is I'm more of a 40...

eh.gif
I see. Anyway, it's nice to see more MC people with hot denim. Post fade pics!

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Cincinnati, Oh. Let me try and find a picture of the cut that I would like.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the not stretch bluemagic? That is my major issue, I like them snug at the waist...I cant stand loose fits.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
All jeans will stretch somewhat. RRL Slims will not stretch especially much though.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can rrl jeans not be purchased directly from rl online? I cant find them on the site...just polo. Is the polo brand any good?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
can rrl jeans not be purchased directly from rl online? I cant find them on the site...just polo. Is the polo brand any good?

it's not TERRIBLE but it's not 'good', especially at retail. RRL is sold by us, Blake, some Ralph Lauren stores, Barneys CoOp and the RRL stores themselves.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw some stuff on ebay it is just a pain to sift through all of that crap. What do you guys sell them for Teger? I would probably need a 32 in straight leg.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
The retail is $210 + $8 shipping. We offer a 20% styleforum discount. I don't want to clutter up this thread, so I'd email [email protected]

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Off topic question. Where do you fin RRL denim at? I've looked online and at several RL stores and no luck.

TIEALIGN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
dont start off with samurais and sugar canes
I started off with a pair of samurai so500xx for my first pair of quality denim after checking out the different denim pics posted on SUFU and couldn't be happier. I recently picked up a pair of samurai s5000vx 21oz that I really like and should last a lifetime. The best part is they stand on their own...
sam-dem.jpg
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
Off topic question. Where do you fin RRL denim at? I've looked online and at several RL stores and no luck.
I recently saw a pair at TJ Maxx for $50 marked down from $215.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
No, although you can find them at some Barneys (and CoOps), some Ralph Lauren stores and at RRL stand alone stores.

We stock them, but I'm not sure what we have left. You can email [email protected] or call (703) 647-9856.

Where do you live? I think Blake's in Portland stocks them too.

^^

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To echo what a couple others have said:

Buy one nice pair of dark indigo straight leg (or with a slight taper) with a mid rise and you're set. I happened to set on a pair of 5ep and they look barely worn after a years worth of ~3x a week wear and I suspect they'll continue to look great for years to come. A really worthwhile investment, if you do wear jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads