1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Definitive Guide to Montreal Shopping

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gwydion, Sep 22, 2010.

1. siglo vi

siglo vi Well-Known Member

simons had deep discounts 70% off but im pretty sure all the good stuff is gone

2. heartlessphil

heartlessphil Well-Known Member

yea you're right i went to simons yesterday and it's empty as hell. everything is gone lol

3. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Well-Known Member

There were a few nice things left early this week at the main Quebec City Simons in larger sizes. I picked up some great Jil Sander flannel trousers.

4. Mesta

Mesta Well-Known Member

so Kapok is closed and u&i won't carry Junya anymore.
    Simons is receiving the first shipments, it's really douchebaggy right now.

5. AHShadow

AHShadow Well-Known Member

Hey,

I might have some interviews for internships in the next month or so, and I was wondering where in Montreal I could buy a suit? I'm mostly looking for the more slim-fitted ones (a bit like these).

Any recommendations?

Thanks, Alexander

6. Cedric

Cedric Well-Known Member

We need a small summit of all montreal members.

7. siglo vi

siglo vi Well-Known Member

As bad as it sounds, Harry Rosen. Should go navy for interview though, IMO.

8. AHShadow

AHShadow Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll go check it out this week!

Any other recs?

9. Jvog

Jvog Well-Known Member

So reborn (reborn.ws) is having their semi-annual warehouse sale this coming Saturday. They'll be carrying brands like Arc'teryx, Nudies, Filippa K, Acne, and a bunch more. Has anyone from here ever been before and know what to expect?

10. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Well-Known Member

Wow... How have I not seen this thread before?

I gotta add a few new/newish stores...

Tate + Yoko - Flat Head, Studio D'artisan, Momotaro, Eternal, Kamikaze Attack, Paulrose Products, Naked & Famous Denim, Viberg boots, Yuketen. www.tateandyoko.com

Alibi - Naked & Famous Denim, Big John, Filson, Dunderdon, Stussy Deluxe, Adidas (they mix contemporary + streetwear and are constantly getting bigger and better). If you like skateboarding, you can have a long talk with Jean-Mathieu (one of the owners) who is obsessed!

Boutique Archives - (In Villeray) The owners are so friggin nice. They carry lots of local stuff and Herschel bags, N&F, and some artwork as well.

Tozzi - N&F, Nudie, Oliver Spencer, James Perse, Fillipa K. He does sunglasses, perfume and footwear too. He does have some "bro" stuff mixed in, but he keeps it mostly clean and does give excellent customer service. Owner is Joey and he's in the store working hard every day.

11. Jvog

Jvog Well-Known Member

Anyone hit up Michel Brisson or Les Etoffes recently? Haven't had the chance to stop by yet and was wondering if their sales were worth checking out.

12. Jvog

Jvog Well-Known Member

Passed by Les Etoffes and Michel Brisson yesterday. Sales at Les Etoffes varied from 20% to 60% on some items. Had a nice Petar Petrov parka 60% off 495 if I remember right. Brisson I didn't come across anything great. Had some nice Dries pants but they were still too pricey even with a 20% off.

Just wondering, besides these two places and Holt's, anywhere else in the city that stocks Wings+Horns?

13. JohnnyLaw

Ssense sells Wings + Horns.

14. heartlessphil

heartlessphil Well-Known Member

Went to Tozzi, on Crescent street, and the boutique is nice and the service too!

15. Mesta

Mesta Well-Known Member

anyone has access to simons st-foy?
    what's the dries collection like there?

16. pinkformen

pinkformen Active Member

Just thought I would add TAG to the list of locations. They carry Johnny Varvatos, Nobis, G-Labs and more. They also have great service and are located right to the left of the Apple Store on St. Catherines Ouest.

17. JohnnyLaw

Pretty limited. IIRC, they have a few shirts, two or three coats and a couple of other pieces. They also have a small selection of Jil Sander, Comme des Garçons Homme Plus, Paul Smith, Gaultier, Givenchy and a bunch of other brands that aren't much discussed on SF.

18. Mesta

Mesta Well-Known Member

thanks for the update!
    I'll call them check what coats they have.
    Jil sander might be cool as well :p

fuckin brisson with their exclusivity on these two brands.

19. oxes

oxes New Member

Anyone know where I can buy APC clothing? Only place I know of is Holt and they only carry jeans.

20. Mesta

Mesta Well-Known Member

Holt has also the clothing no? Last season at least, didn't check the current one. Ssense in the old port has APC.