1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Deadstock Raw Selvedge Levi's 501xx - Made by Edwin???

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jooles, Jul 9, 2006.

1. jooles

jooles New Member

First post here, but have been lurking for a while.

Anyway, a question to all you denim experts out there.

I went to a vintage market in Toronto the other day (Kensington, if you're from T.O.), and to my surprise, I found a shop full of raw selvedge Lee and Levi's jeans, all made in Japan.

The shop worker said the owner goes to japan a lot and brings stuff back. He also says that the Levi's and Lee jeans are "deadstock". So I tried on a pair of the Levi's. Nice stiff raw denim, redline selvedge, chainstiched hems, and a tag on the inside in Japanese that says the cotton is made by Edwin.

Is this legit? Does Levi's LVC range in Japan use different denim from the US LVC? They cheap too - $75 each.

Help!

2. doink

doink Well-Known Member

Please PM or post name of store.

I wander through the shops in kensington and have yet to see what you describe.

3. uNotAzFreshAzImIz

uNotAzFreshAzImIz Well-Known Member

Fakes - edwin dont make levi's though they do make lees ..
    Edwin does make 501 and 505 CUTS though and labels them as such ...
    post your spot and blow it up if you want to .. I wouldnt ..