1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Dating Advice.. (omg so lame, I know)

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by The Snob, Sep 18, 2009.

1. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

actually, oh god.. what if he commonly looks at the streetwear section of this forum. i wouldn't be surprised. OH GOD! that would be incredibly embarrassing if this thread were to be discovered... hahaha.

I know a PR girl from California whose diction and mannerisms are exactly the same as you except I get micro bursts of it several times a day through Twitter.

Here's hoping it works out for you.

2. superego

superego Well-Known Member

I know a PR girl from California whose diction and mannerisms are exactly the same as you except I get micro bursts of it several times a day through Twitter.

FYL

3. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

avoid PR people like the plague.

4. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

Also, waiting for a response to an email for two days at the time where everyone has blackberrys is kind of stupid. Obvious game-playing, and I'd be offended.

5. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

Also, waiting for a response to an email for two days at the time where everyone has blackberrys is kind of stupid. Obvious game-playing, and I'd be offended.

Agreed. Pisses me right off. I like a woman who has at least some idea of what she wants. If she's into me, I wouldn't want her playing games. Even if I'm not interested enough to act immediately. If she's prompt, it would heighten my interest and maybe push me to be in closer contact with her.

6. The Snob

The Snob Well-Known Member

Here's hoping it works out for you.

Oh I wish my tone wouldn't be taken so literally. [​IMG] I thought my mixing of occasional ye olde english with the valleygirl-isms would be a hint.

Agreed. Pisses me right off. I like a woman who has at least some idea of what she wants. If she's into me, I wouldn't want her playing games. Even if I'm not interested enough to act immediately. If she's prompt, it would heighten my interest and maybe push me to be in closer contact with her.

Well geez Flambeur and unjung! You shoulda said something earlier! Le sigh. *single tear*

7. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

ehhh, not for me, frankly. Back in the old single days, I would date, and then want a few days to soberly consider what lay ahead, and not just jump in for the sake of getting wet. Had had a few cases of women who call right afterwards: "Wow, had a wonderful time, you get home all right? Want to have your baby - is now too soon? LOL jk...not".

Whoa Nellie.

8. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

meh, if the dude was keen, interested and staying in touch...the OP would lose all interest and start beating herself up over some other dude that ignores her.

9. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

^^Truth. She already has other dates too, so wtf m8

10. The Snob

meh, if the dude was keen, interested and staying in touch...the OP would lose all interest and start beating herself up over some other dude that ignores her.

No, no.. common misconception of what we want. If you're a "nice guy" who believes that all women just want "bad guys", you're totally delusional and explaining away your other faults as "too nice". I want a nice guy. I just don't want a fucking loser.

As I mentioned in earlier posts on this thread, I'm used to the instant chemistry, great date, and day-after call and my past relationships have usually progressed in such game-free environs so really, nothing would please me more than if this guy WOULD FREAKING CALL RIGHT NOW. hehehehe

11. Faded501s

Faded501s Well-Known Member

+1. Definitely one of my pet peeves. I don't tolerate game players. Like women aren't crazy enough that they have to read magazines to fill their heads with all these crazy "rules". Especially if a girl is hot, I want to know that she's totally into me. Totally is the key word there because anything less and I start lacking confidence in her fidelity and subconsciously start moving on.

12. superego

superego Well-Known Member

No, no.. common misconception of what we want. If you're a "nice guy" who believes that all women just want "bad guys", you're totally delusional and explaining away your other faults as "too nice". I want a nice guy. I just don't want a fucking loser.

As I mentioned in earlier posts on this thread, I'm used to the instant chemistry, great date, and day-after call and my past relationships have usually progressed in such game-free environs so really, nothing would please me more than if this guy WOULD FREAKING CALL RIGHT NOW. hehehehe

To be frank, I doubt you know what you want as well as you think you do, particularly given some of the things you've said and how you're behaving with all this. Just sayin'...though props for laying everything on the line like this, that takes some serious guts. [​IMG]

It's not really a "nice guy" versus "bad guy" thing--it's more an acting like he deserves you thing. People teach you how to treat them and it's VERY difficult to be inauthentic despite all of these 2-day/3-day rules and assorted bullshit intended to CONVEY that you're not as interested as you are.

If you're this worked up over this guy, it's very likely that you communicated your interest in subtle and not so subtle ways (assuming everything you've told us is true). I've dated a fair amount and I've certainly met women who thought they were acting cool as a cucumber when they were nervous as shit and communicating some version of the "I don't deserve you" message I spoke about. It was almost comical how unaware they were of how the world perceived them.

As for him, he could have certainly been busy and I think even you'd agree that you may be over-thinking some of this stuff. I don't know what he's thinking or doing, but I do know that if he's 35 and playing games you'd be best served to get the fuck out of there because he's got a bucket-full of baggage, not the least of which a disinterest in getting past it and distaste for being candid.

I don't mean to be disheartening, but dating is often as much a struggle to find someone else as it is to find yourself.

13. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be disheartening, but dating is often as much a struggle to find someone else as it is to find yourself.

Absolutely!

14. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

I want a nice guy. I just don't want a fucking loser.

OK, what would be a loser to you?

15. bigboy

bigboy Well-Known Member

This right here is rational logic; I like this, I want this. Women don't function in rational logic when it comes to the opposite sex, they run off of pure emotions.

I'm sure you've had a friend who couldn't explain why she was drawn to a certain someone, when she clearly knew she shouldn't be, but couldn't help it. They eventually go out, abusive relationship ensues, etc.

You can argue psychological theories all you want, but rational logic doesn't factor into decision making.

+1

16. Marbles29

Marbles29 Well-Known Member

As for whether or not we are physically on level: I would say totally yes. Actually, I am probably more attractive than him in absolute terms. But with that said, I think his other qualities have him superseding me in terms of attractiveness to opposite sex (ie: dollah dollah bills, ya'll!). Don't get me wrong, I'm not a golddigger and certainly have my own nestegg, but all things being equal, wouldn't we all want a guy (or gal) with a little more money in the bank? I mean how often do you meet an artist, guitar playing, novel reading, cohesive-argument-making, business savvy kind of guy? NEVER! I"VE NEVER MET ONE! This is why my panties are in a bunch (oh, and don't get me started on the S&P hair).
    Out of curiosity, how do you know his financial situation? Don't make distinctions by someone's toilette: people often dress beyond their means. And if you are eye candy, no attribute in him could make him more attractive to the opposite sex than it would make you.

17. The Snob

OK, what would be a loser to you?

You say tomato. I say tomato.

Out of curiosity, how do you know his financial situation? Don't make distinctions by someone's toilette: people often dress beyond their means. And if you are eye candy, no attribute in him could make him more attractive to the opposite sex than it would make you.

One word: Google.

18. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

One word: Google.

Then at least I hope he makes 500k/year otherwise you are selling yourself short. [​IMG]

http://comedyhub.blogspot.com/2008/0...nd-answer.html

19. Marbles29

Marbles29 Well-Known Member

20. The Snob

Then at least I hope he makes 500k/year otherwise you are selling yourself short. [​IMG] http://comedyhub.blogspot.com/2008/0...nd-answer.html
    lol that's a classic all right. In the case of my lovah, he doesn't have that many dollah dollah bills.. well what do I know. I just made extrapolations based on what his name turned up in google. I am but a mere romantic not wise in the ways of the extremely monied or money-seeking lot. SO in updates: more exchanges. He started showing up on my gchat. My initial affection for him is quickly losing momentum. The kid did not win any spelling bees I can tell you that. I wonder if he's dyslexic. I mean, he's very intelligent so he must be dyslexic. ANYWAY, good spelling is kind of an annoying thing I look for in a person namely because I do love a good game of scrabble. Well, I guess that's it. Now he's just another one of the dregs off match.com I've collected.. but I do want to kiss him. Again, he is very cute. All right... the gawking can cease now ;p Meanwhile: I've just purchased a shit ton of shoes off Yoox.com (new love!). Hurry lads! They're having the end-of-season sale with SO MUCH STUFF FOR SALEEEEEEEE.