1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Danner Stumptown Collection

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NormanF, Oct 16, 2011.

1. sleu

sleu Well-Known Member

I own a pair of OSB loafers and I've tried on some of their other shoes before and I own a pair of the Danner Forest Heights Piedmont. Main reason I went with Danner is cause I have really wide feet and OSB has to go custom to get the wide widths. I would totally get another pair of Danner again, you get what you pay for with both Danner and OSB (comparing to the trench boots). OSB is pricier but it's also beefier, and I wear my Danner's daily in the city and they hold up pretty well and I get compliments on them :D

Side note, I also own a pair of Thorogoods and those were the best $100 boots I've ever bought. Mostly used for rainy weather and hiking.

2. pdxvegan

pdxvegan Well-Known Member

Which Thorogoods do you have?

3. sleu

sleu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Thorogoods (left) were tobacco color when I first got them, but Sno-Seal darkened them up. I've walked all over NY in them and I've gone hiking in the mountains in them. Amazon link for more details.
    Debating if I want to Sno-Seal the Piedmonts.

Also, Mountain Trails on sale at Gentry!! Too damn broke right now.

4. ZenSilk

ZenSilk Active Member

Just got a pair of these http://www.danner.com/boots/stumptown/tramline.html .

The leather is absolutely unbelievable. It's a rich golden caramel color that is thick and packed full of oily goodness. The tongue design is great, supremely comfortable. I bought these to wear during the summer with shorts when I move to Austin. I had to decide between Horween Wallabees or these, and these were $100 off so I could not say no.

My Danner collection/obsession has begun...

5. Marko Taali

Marko Taali New Member

I'm trying to find the right size for Danner's Stumptown Mountain Trail. I've got shoes varying from size 10 Converses to size 11 Salomons and everything in between. I had read about sizing down half a number but also read about sizing up half a number for thicker socks.

So I ordered size 11 Mountain Trails to have room for a thicker sock (for Finnish winters) but found out that they were huge. I'm returning them, but since I really like how they look, I'm ordering again and I want to find the right size this time. :)

I think I have to choose between 10 and 10,5 but can't figure out which. I've been reading through your great examples and shoe size lists but since I haven't got the same footwear I can't really compare.

Thus I'm asking whether any of you that have found the perfect fit could share your Danner shoe and foot size information: length / width? My feet are approximately 277 mm long and 105 mm wide, what number would you recommend?

Thanks!

6. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Well-Known Member

I'm a US8E w/o or US8.5E w/ insoles in Danners.
    US9.5 in Nike & New Balance
    US8.5 in Red Wing

I had a pair of Salomons & they were a US9.5.

2 people like this.
  7. false

false Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a US/Online retailer that carries the Patterson Light (I know they were limited to 500 pairs). At the moment the only place I can even see them having been sold is Rakuten and I'd rather not go that route. Local shop has regular lights for 230 but holding out in the hopes of finding pattersons to match my the color of my Nomad jacket.

8. Marko Taali

Marko Taali New Member

Checking back: after trying on Red Wings Chukkas and Ice Cutters in size 9,5 I finally ended up ordering Mountain Trails in size 9,5.

The shoes feel pretty good with regular socks out of the box. With additional thicker wool socks, the shoes might need some more breaking in.

9. Buzzaround

Buzzaround Member

I'm really trying to find a pair of Mountain Trail Left Banks (the collaboration with Tanner Goods) in a 10.5. I worry I was too slow on the draw.

Anybody got a line on a pair? I'm pretty consistently an 11, so I'm thinking 10.5 is the way to go.

10. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Leaving aside the actual foot measurements, I'm guessing you're a 10 in Danner.

I wear 11 in Nike/adidas runners, 10.5 in Clark's and Jack Purcell's/ 10 in Red Wing. 10 in Danner Mtn Light Lownsdales are perfect.

11. pdxvegan

pdxvegan Well-Known Member

For what it helps I wear

Danner MT Light size 10
    Yuketen Maine Guide size 10
    Clarks Wallabees size 10
    Vans Era size 11
    Adidas Trainers size 11

My Danners fit great for walking around town and light hiking, but I would want a size 10.5 for serious back packing so as to avoid turf toe. I have a pair of regular MT Lights for hiking and a pair of Overtons for the city. Both are some of the most comfortable footwear I have ever owned.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  12. sleu

sleu Well-Known Member

Sad that the Forest Heights Piedmont eyelets are too small to fit the laces from the Bluelace Project.

13. hoser133

hoser133 Well-Known Member

Anybody own this boot? I think I need it in my life.

[​IMG]

14. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to Mt Tabor shoe and able to comment on sizing, how it looks etc? I kind of like them as an alternative to Red Wing.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  15. hencho

hencho New Member

FWIW - SIZING INQUIRIES

BOOTS
    TIMBERLAND 6" PREMIUM WHEAT: 10US fits like a glove (w/a little toe room to spare), 10.5US would probably be better for full orthotics(?)
    DANNER MOUNTAIN LIGHT: 10US fits like a glove (w/a little toe room to spare when worn w/their airthotics), 10.5US would probably be better for full orthotics(?). I haven't tried a 10.5US so I can't really make a just statement.

CASUAL
    CLARKS WALLABEES: 9.5US
    COLE HAAN LUNAR SOLE: TBD
    DOC MARTINS: 10US fits like a glove, but in hindsight, would purchase a 10.5US for use with orthotics

ATHLETIC
    NIKE RETRO JORDANS: 10.5-11US (ie. RETRO 11: 11US, RETRO 5/6/7: 10.5US)
    NIKE FOAMPOSITE: 11US
    NIKE FREE FLYKNIT: 11US
    ASICS: 11US

**** ON ANOTHER NOTE, I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS PERSONAL PREFERENCE, BUT SHOULD ORTHOTICS ALWAYS BE PURCHASED FOR BOOTS? I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF SIZING UP TO FIT ORTHOTICS IN MY FOOTWEAR UNLESS THE SHOE IS JUST COMPLETELY HELL TO WEAR BC I DON'T LIKE SHOE'S BEING ANY BIGGER THAN THEY ARE MEANT TO BE.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  16. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Well-Known Member

17. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

Lordy, where have the Danner fans been the last 11 months?!

Looking to trade. I have a pair of Danner Forest Hills boots in a size 10 that I love but it's a hair small. Would like to trade for a 10.5.

The boots I have are the 'Olmstead' boots in the Piedmont brown color. I'm open to ANY color in the 10.5. I'm also open to either the 'Olmstead' or the other version (with the simpler sides). I think both are great and will where anything as long as it's the correct size 10.5.

If interested, let me know and we exchange pics. Mine were worn 6-7 times with nearly all the sole life remaining.

These Forest Hills boots are total sleepers - some of the best boots around to wear with denim. If you're a fellow fan and mis-sized in the other direction, hit me up:nodding:

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

i know its an old post but i just got these

19. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

They look nice. Impressions?

20. xiaopigu

xiaopigu Active Member

I'm a 7EE bannock, any advice on the size I should get for Mountain Lights?