• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Danner Stumptown Collection

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_lyoin7IvbY1r89mhz

Mountain Trail Barlow ($310.00)

tumblr_lyoilgFAlV1r89mhz

Vertigo ($280.00)

tumblr_lyoifkJ9y61r89mhz

Vertigo Crosby ($280.00)

coming soon.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any cleaning/maintenance tips for the chromexcel Lownsdale? What should I use to keep these bad boys in good shape?

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to snag the original Mountain Light from the Danner Factory store for 200 bucks. They actually have quite a few of the Stumptown collection including the Lownsdale going for that price.

Biggie_Robs

Reaction score

What if I like the leather the colour it is now?

Then put them on a shelf and never wear them; their color will change as time goes by if you use them. I haven't found that my appreciation for the aesthetics of chromexcel has changed at all after applying Obenaufs LP, but it does get a bit darker. Im sure you will still like the color.

My understanding is that Horween says Chromexcel needs no treatment when new, but the Obenaufs will really help protect against road salt, so I use it on my ultimate indies. I've found that sno seal doesn't darken leather as much, but I don't think it conditions the leather as well as Obenaufs does.

I'm no expert, but Obenaufs and sno seal are all I use on boots. I've found Obenaufs to be a little better conditioner and sno seal a little better (read: longer lasting) waterproofer.

YMMV

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the mountain light overtons for about $250. Pretty sweet, I like them.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was able to snag the original Mountain Light from the Danner Factory store for 200 bucks. They actually have quite a few of the Stumptown collection including the Lownsdale going for that price.

Can do Proxy?

fuzzyearlobes

Reaction score
Im a 10.5D in Red Wing and just about every other shoe on earth. Sizing down 1/2 on the EE width Danners did not promote a proper fit. I was swimming in the toe box. An insole might have corrected this a bit, but having to add an insole for a proper fit in a boot is generally frowned upon. I ended up getting a size 10D Mountain Light 2 30431X on sale and the fit is much better. Im not swimming in the toe box at all. Super heavy socks might be a problem, but my typical Icebreaker hiker weight sock fits fine, and I imagine the suede will stretch out a small amount as they break in. The achilles area is a bit bothersome at first, but I have read this goes away after break in. I have worn these for about 5 hours, if that so far, so I cant complain. So far I really like the boots. Im bummed they are only offered in EE, as the last they are built upon is not really as narrow as they make it seem. Im really digging the Rainforest Heathman. Thats a sexy boot

Last edited:

Pecos Bill

Reaction score
Hi All,
New to the forum after lurking awhile. Summer is over and now it's time for some hiking. Feelin' those Danner MLII's. I just had my foot measured and am an 11.5D. What size would anyone suggest? No store ~ me carries them. Also, any good deals online with these boots currrently? Thanks for any responses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads