1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cut to the bone???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Oct 23, 2006.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I have read this a couple times around here and elsewhere. It seems to be a Dutch saying. Can somebody explain what it means?

Thanks.

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

i think it means something similar to dont beat around the bush, or cut to the chase, or a term describing what a straightshooter would do.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

It's a bit too butcher-esque for my taste. I think of marrow when this is mentioned.

4. T4phage

T4phage Well-Known Member

I have read this a couple times around here and elsewhere. It seems to be a Dutch saying. Can somebody explain what it means?

Thanks.

In short... it is B.S!
    A marketing catchphrase developed by the clothing chain Oger to describe their so called "Italian look" (in their imaginations). Slim slim slim suits (i.e too tight), and pants that only reach to above your ankle....

As I said.. pure B.S but it is selling well to the silly.

5. Camiceria

Camiceria Member

In short... it is B.S!
    A marketing catchphrase developed by the clothing chain Oger to describe their so called "Italian look" (in their imaginations). Slim slim slim suits (i.e too tight), and pants that only reach to above your ankle....

As I said.. pure B.S but it is selling well to the silly.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by mentioning the term in my first post...

Anyway; doesn't matter who developed it but it's a clear term to many overhere in Holland; meaning very slim indeed.