1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. b-ewing

b-ewing Well-Known Member

+1

That build sounds pretty badass, man!

2. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

No worries, Lefty. That is a great build that will look spectacular. The only things I would personally change are that I would use the plain toe cap (the medallion will look good too), and I would go with the close trim to keep in line with the somewhat dressier look you seem to be chasing. However, that's me and you're you. You will have some incredible boots. Post pics when you finally get the boots.

Allan

3. b-ewing

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  5. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

Those are good looking Shark boots!

Allan

6. LeftysRock

LeftysRock Member

7. LeftysRock

LeftysRock Member

Allan - do you know if you can ask to have the stiching in black vs. the normal white? After looking at the pictures that ewing sent I think you're right - the double white stiching looks like it will detract from the look I am going after.

8. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

Lefty -- I'm pretty sure you can only get white stitching, but you can use a Sharpie or other permanent die and color it black. I think the single stitching looks better on a dressier style of boot like you are getting, and looks fine in white, but coloring the thread black would dress up the boots a bit more, although creating a somewhat less traditional look in the process. If you prefer black thread, then go for the dye and make the change. All black will look great!

Allan

9. b-ewing

Opinions are like a**holes, but i say stick with black upper, white welt stitching ;)

10. Hill

Hill Well-Known Member

Can anyone with a single celastic toe comment on how much, if any, it will stretch or form to your toes over time?

11. b-ewing

Zero, zilch.

12. tigerpac

tigerpac Well-Known Member

Agreed - I think there's a higher chance of your toes forming to the toe box than the box forming to your toes

1 person likes this.
  13. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

That would be my preference too, but others could reasonably disagree and want black stitching.

Allan

14. Hill

Hill Well-Known Member

Thank you.

15. b-ewing

The other question is whether to get black stained soles or not. I say, "Black Over Everything"!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  16. Hill

Hill Well-Known Member

I just got my first pair of White's. 8 weeks exactly. Love them except for the color of the welt stitching. I know there's been some discussion about this recently but I've never seen this type of build with anything but white. It looks like a stain or something was applied to the top of the welt (maybe from the brown edge trim?) because the bottom stitching is white. Super bummed because I assumed they would come with white. They just don't pop like they would with a white welt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

I think it’s time for a coffee break…

Anyone hear tried White’s boots coffee?

They have:
    Hunter blend, Lady Packer blend, Logger blend, Farmer-Rancher blend, Packer blend, Semi-Dress blend, SmokeJumper blend, and Packer Decaf blend.

The Semi-dress blend sounds out of this world. Anyone tried this stuff, Thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  18. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

I just got my first pair of White's. 8 weeks exactly. Love them except for the color of the welt stitching. I know there's been some discussion about this recently but I've never seen this type of build with anything but white. It looks like a stain or something was applied to the top of the welt (maybe from the brown edge trim?) because the bottom stitching is white. Super bummed because I assumed they would come with white. They just don't pop like they would with a white welt.

get some saddle soap and a small welt brush and it will come right off. the dyes don't stick whatever material they use for the stitching, the stitching on mine have been "stained" by edge dye, by polish, and by general use and they have always cleaned right up.

1 person likes this.
  19. Hill

Hill Well-Known Member

Thanks man, appreciate this.

20. PASstudy

PASstudy Well-Known Member

Wanted Red Milano WB for my SD. Baker's did not have it so I went through Whites. Order place today. $527 + $20 shipping.

Went: 5"
    toe cap
    Composition sole w/ block heel
    all antique eyelets
    std everything else

Can't wait to see how they turn out.