1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Well-Known Member

And some of my water buffalo dark cherry...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. tavoz

tavoz Active Member

Wow... thanks, both are really awesome. This is real craftmanship. And the dark cherry buffalo is just amazing! Is the sole on this pair a 269? And standard height for the heel, right?

3. daizawaguy

No the sole is the standard 700. I believe the other would be a slightly thinner profile. Yes, the heel is standard. It`s also a two tone, the cap and back is dark cherry, and the middle is dark brown, although the difference is too small to notice - I guess they did some grading to match the tone...

4. UPSMAN

UPSMAN New Member

Well I spent the whole day going through all 73 pages of this thread. Wow a lot of nice boots with lots of colors and choices I must say. Are any of you guys on your feet 10 plus hours a day? I currently wear the ecco track 2 boots and I usually plan on buying a pair every year I have had great luck with them and it is hard finding a size 14. I like the whites boots and was wondering if the best way to get the best fit is to go to the factory. I was thinking the the vibe 269 sole would be the best sole for this much walking and being on your feet all day I dont know much about these boots so Im thinking of going to the factory Im sure they can show you all color combos etc there. Thanks for the information

5. daizawaguy

6. UPSMAN

UPSMAN New Member

So would you suggest going to the factory for the best fit?

7. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

Def. get the fit right. IMO and I know somebody else has similar experience, if it hurts when new (esp. on non-cxl leather), chances are you`re in the wrong size

8. daizawaguy

I would definitely try them on somehow, from someone who has stock, or has experience in fitting them. A good fit, and they are the best boots in the world. A bad fit, and they are a regret. But with all those widths available, you should be set up pretty soon. Welcome to the world of Whites

9. meso

meso Well-Known Member

If you need arch support and are on your feet long periods, these boots are for you. That all said, I've bought and sold two pairs of semi-dress boots. They fit very comfortably, but the high arch support gives a quite different feel than most other work boots and are rather bulky/heavy. Hard to describe, you'd have to try them on.

I like them in theory, because their aesthetic is perfect for my wardrobe, but didn't really wear them that much. On a daily basis I preferred something lighter and less bulky. However I will likely swing back the other way and pick up a pair if I found one at a good price.

10. daizawaguy

11. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Well-Known Member

^^ Those black smokejumpers (semi dress last?) are fantastic.

12. grendel

grendel Well-Known Member

I love that brown suede. What's it called?

13. denimjunkie

denimjunkie Member

Rough-out. Its not suede.

14. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

These pics deserve a bump... Does anyone know what the make up of this Bounty Hunter is? I want something like this with a Cuban heel and a different leather and color. Everything else is pretty much what I would want.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. grendel

So.... basically everything different?

They're on the SD last, I'm pretty sure. Looks like a double midsole in natural. Can't tell what sole... maybe the Vibram mini-lug?

16. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

IIRC, BH is a SJ on the SD last.

17. bellyhungry

Just going my research right now. Probably not gonna buy till next Winter. ;)

This is what I've got so far...

Prefer BH over SD
    Height: undecided between 6" and 7"
    Heel: Cuban over Block heel
    Prefer single roll of stiching over double
    Undecided on the leather
    Sole: Vibram composition half sole

That's all I have right now...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  18. UPSMAN

UPSMAN New Member

thanks for all the info. After speaking with the factory looks like Ill make a trip to Seattle before I return to work in the summer.

19. grendel

Take a look at the pictures with the vibram half sole from the side, especially with the full-height heel. IMO it looks a bit exaggerated with the arch curve because the half sole tapers off into the arch, but that's a personal preference.

1 person likes this.
  20. bellyhungry

gd1944 has a pic of said sole makeup (even though he has it with a block heel) that gave me the inspiration:

As long as I stick to single mid sole (rather than double sole,) I think they look pretty good.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013