1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

One other question: I understand that the celastic toe provides some structure for the boot toe, but what does the "double" celastic toe add? Does it change the shape of the boot at all?

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

^if you're going for 1/4 lowered block heels, i suggest to stay with the full sole unit like the 700s,
    unless you've got safety issues using them @work, you don't need double Celastic.

3. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Well-Known Member

for those that have ordered White's via Baker's...did you receive any sort of shipping or delivery confirmation, or did your order just show up at your doorstep without prior warning?

4. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Well-Known Member

they send you an email with the UPS tracking when the boots ship

5. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Well-Known Member

Many thanks

6. linafelt

Quick question: I know that the standard heel on Whites semi-dress is 1 1/2 inches. But is that measured from the bottom of the sole (so that the heel itself is that tall), or is it measured from the bottom of the boot leather (so that the sole is included in the inch-and-a-half)?

Trying to compare with my other boots and get a sense of what to expect... If one of you with your White's there could do a quick measure and confirm it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

7. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Well-Known Member

5cm for both cuban and block heel from bottom of rubber to top of sole where it hits the shoe leather at the back of the shoe. Top to bottom

8. linafelt

Thanks!

9. theblackbee

theblackbee New Member

Hello
    I am interesting in Imogene+Willie x White's Boots
    But I wonder about sizing some said it is true to size but some said it run large I have to go down half size.
    If my alden indy 403 boots size is 8D
    Please help me what size I have to buy for white's semi dress boots?
    Sorry for my poor English
    Thanks

10. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

General Wisdom is half a size down. Those who get them true to size typically have "in-between" or wider feet.

11. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Well-Known Member

Which is also the rule for Alden Indy's on Trubalance last. Does that mean that most people take the same size in Alden Indy's and Semi-Dress, or are you suggesting sizing down from Indy size?

12. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Same size as Indy size. However, if you are really torn, you can order the two sizes from imogene and return the one you dislike. That, or you can order the sizes, decide which one you like, then return them both and order a custom pair.

13. IIIrd Icon

it is my sizing experience , too__ Alden Indy = SemiDress

14. mrphrog

mrphrog Well-Known Member

I'm 8D in both SD and Indy

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  15. herrmj

herrmj Well-Known Member

Same size on semidress and trubalance for me too.

16. fuzzyearlobes

fuzzyearlobes Well-Known Member

I + W up charge their White's by $250+. I cant go for that (no-uh-oh).

To each his own though.

17. SLAB

SLAB Well-Known Member

i could size down more even in my semi dress; i wear size 8D in Barrie/Trubalanc e but 8C in semi dress.
    Nevertheless I own a pair of Indy's in size 8C as well which i can wear although they are a bit tight

18. IIIrd Icon

price is for impulse buying fat cats who don't have a clue.
    Nigel Cabourn x Viberg boots were 700+ @Barneys NYC, but went down to the 400's on sale.

19. bl@ster

bl@ster Well-Known Member

My new White's SD are in from Baker's. Went with the "classic brown" leather this time around, with tapered heel, and 1/4" lowered heel. Couldn't be happier with them. According to Baker's, the "classic brown" leather is dry-tanned and will take a polish nicely and patina with age similar to the dress brown. It will develop a crackly finish and patina fairly quickly.

Here's the full config:
    Last Standard, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware All Antique Eyes, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather Classic Brown, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Tan, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Classic Brown, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base Standard

Here are a couple shots (click for high-res). I tried to color correct these as best I could, but in real life they are more of a deep brown and less saturated in color:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    3 people like this.
  20. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Well-Known Member

^^ Awesome boots!