• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably going to order a pair pretty soon

I don't really wear a lot of workwear, but I really miss my Dayton x W+H boots (quality wasn't that great anyway)

Will wear with my ToJ bombers and a T-shirt, or with a button down to work, with slim black / grey jeans

Probably going to do this:

Plaintoe Bounty Hunter

Black Roughout

No lining

No celastic toe

10', Flat Laces

Antiqued Eyelets

Flat top, no loop

Standard welt

Single natural midsole

Curved heel

Half Vibram sole

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
found this @ ebay, Kyle said a semi-dress with a leather counter is not an option available when i ask for one, maybe i should have ask White's instead.
5" semi-dress with leather counter! what you guys think.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was looking at the various options and was just wondering how would the bounty hunter differ from the Semi Dress in the standard last? Isn't the Bounty hunter just a Smoke Jumper on a SD last?

Also could anybody post the three SD lasts (Standard, #38 Swing last, Classic 461) pictures side by side and highlight the differences between them? I have looked at all the posts in this thread, but cannot see how each last differs. Greatly appreciated.

Any comments on the below configuration?

Horse Hide Semi Dress by White's
Item No: 2332HH
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Brown Horse Hide
Edge: Brown
Leather Liner: Cream
Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Horse Hide
Sole: Vibram Composition Half Sole
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
Last: Standard
Midsole: Single
Toe Cap Leather Color: Brown Horse Hide
Size - Length: 10
Hardware: Antique Eyes & Hooks
Heel Lifts: Standard
Size - Width: D (medium)
Toe Cap: Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style)
Pull Loops: No Thanks
Heel Base: Standard
Sole Trim: Close Trim

I am looking to finally end up with something like this

Last edited:

univibe88

Reaction score

Was looking at the various options and was just wondering how would the bounty hunter differ from the Semi Dress in the standard last? Isn't the Bounty hunter just a Smoke Jumper on a SD last? Also could anybody post the three SD lasts (Standard, #38 Swing last, Classic 461) pictures side by side and highlight the differences between them? I have looked at all the posts in this thread, but cannot see how each last differs. Greatly appreciated. Any comments on the below configuration?
Horse Hide Semi Dress by White's
Item No: 2332HH Upper (Shaft) Leather: Brown Horse Hide Edge: Brown Leather Liner: Cream Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Horse Hide Sole: Vibram Composition Half Sole Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe Last: Standard Midsole: Single Toe Cap Leather Color: Brown Horse Hide Size - Length: 10 Hardware: Antique Eyes & Hooks Heel Lifts: Standard Size - Width: D (medium) Toe Cap: Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style) Pull Loops: No Thanks Heel Base: Standard Sole Trim: Close Trim

I am looking to finally end up with something like this
You are right that the bounty hunter is a smoke jumper on a SD last. So the bounty hunter will be taller than the SD and have a heel counter. Your config looks awesome! The boot pictured has standard trim, whereas you specified close trim. Otherwise, your config should give you a boot just like that pic. I wish I could somehow trade my buffalo SDs for some horsehide with cap toes. You are going to get some beautiful boots.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are right that the bounty hunter is a smoke jumper on a SD last. So the bounty hunter will be taller than the SD and have a heel counter. Your config looks awesome! The boot pictured has standard trim, whereas you specified close trim. Otherwise, your config should give you a boot just like that pic. I wish I could somehow trade my buffalo SDs for some horsehide with cap toes. You are going to get some beautiful boots.

Those might be a natural edge, hard to tell though.

Exdeath

Reaction score
The exterior D-shaped piece of leather that wraps around the heel of the boot. It's present on the Bounty Hunter/SJ but not on the Semi-Dress.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I`m going to pull the trigger soon on a Cougar/North West last...could someone confirm I should go a half size up? I prefer the non lace-to-toe. Many thanks

gfloridafan93

Reaction score
What's your guys' opinions on a 1/4" lowered Cuban style heel in both terms of looks and comfort? The reason being I am only 5'7" and I don't think I would like the standard heel size. So, I am about 90% sure I'm going with the lowered heel. Also, with the lowered heel, is the only option a leather sole? Because the other soles would be too think for a lowered heel. Is that correct?

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I`ve thought about this a lot, but the lowered heel destroys that classic look....and I`m not sure of the balance - the classic balance in the walk is just spot on.

gfloridafan93

Reaction score

IMO the lowered heel can look really really goofy if you're not careful. Ever seen a pair, lowered heel on a single leather sole? Looks jacked up!

To do it right, I think you gotta choose a thicker sole like a 700 or mini Vib. Go standard heel, browski!! Or aren't ya man enough for some "man heels"? :D ;)

Haha yeah I'm man enough, I just don't know if I like the appearance of it. The standard height heel just looks so huge though. Or is it just me that thinks that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads