1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

I really like how those look. Do you find that the surface of water buffalo is really tough and resists scuffs and scratches?

2. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

I love seeing pics of how boots age. That's a fine pair @daizawaguy

Here are my brown oil tan F/R with about 20 hours on them. For color reference, these have not been treated with anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Well-Known Member

Water Buffalo is a thin leather, but its sure tough. It does have that natural gloss, so I`d say is a dress leather, but for someone after a thin and flexible part of the boot, could fit the shaft only well, as in my water buffalo top, and rough out bottom boots. But its a lined by requirement boot, and the water buffalo only is a pretty sturdy boot, with lightness and flexibility to boot. I love the leather.

1 person likes this.
  4. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Anybody have more pics of white's oxfords?

5. Tuma

Tuma Well-Known Member

6. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Here's the "poleclimber" oxford that they did for Nepenthes. You can also get the lineman patch on Baker's version of the oxford shoe.

[​IMG]

I am not a big fan of this sole, but it'd be cool with a more standard sole and heel I think.

7. LouieBailie

LouieBailie Well-Known Member

Since most of you people like the "pretty boots & shoes " it may be of interest to you to know how to keep the brushes used on them pretty too....

Here are the ones made from Yak hair, made in Germany, 25-28 years old, a little pricey, they like to be on their own. [​IMG]
    .[​IMG]

They are made from very dense clusters of Tibetian yak hair. The ones with handles are Redecker , the one on top was made in USA by shoe company that is now closed. All German made or German decent company owners that only deal/dealt in the very best in the world. (Some Japanese manufactures custom hand make the Yak hair brushes now, also. They always were good at coping stuff.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the brushes for lighter colored leather, USA made from horsehair in the late 30s-mid 50s. I like 3-4 particular out of business manufactures.

They don't like mixing with the darker colored brushes or the polish will rub off on them[​IMG], all at least 50 years old. Notice very dense clusters of longer horse hair on the larger and close cropped on the "travel" brushes.

[​IMG]

Here are the same USA made/manufactured brushes with darker horse hair from the same 3-4 makers. All from late 30-mid 50s.

These brushes are for darker color shoes & boots.

Real dark then lighter for cordovan and then my 2 cleaning brushes on the top right.

All the cleaning brushes are German Redeckers hand tied in hair, made from very hard dense horsehair.

[​IMG]

Finally here is the power wheel, I it use to buff to extremely high sheen. 3 inch long horse hair made in USA on a Baldor 1750rpm trimmed to 400rpm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All my stuff is serviced/cleaned about once a year . I use Spray Nine that dissolves the polishes and residue, spray it on and scrub the brushes with a hand brush, shake them out, and then brush the hair to restore the shape and alignment. Let Air dry or place on shoe rack in dryer on low air only.

But really, I don't know much about maintaining shoes boots I got all these pics from the internet.[​IMG].

The process leaves the brush hair like is came out of the womb. Then you can keep your pretty boots and shoes pretty.....too.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    3 people like this.
  8. 4characters

Louie, your crazy, but I realy like you...[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. LIMBERLION

LIMBERLION Well-Known Member

He certainly makes things interesting around here

10. LouieBailie

11. the shivman

the shivman Well-Known Member

pretty sure they are made by drew's boots in Eugene, OR.

12. LouieBailie

You of course know that Drews boots owns the retail moniker "Bakers Boots" and they both operate out of the same retail space on 2642 Roosevelt Blvd. Eugene, OR 97402?

Where would does that manufacturing take place?

13. diregna

diregna Member

These look pretty sick

14. trvlr472

trvlr472 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

15. trvlr472

trvlr472 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] I'm speechless.[​IMG]

16. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Dude, that's a heck of a lot of brushes.

17. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

So @LouieBailie

There is no doubt that you have a crazy amount of boot knowledge and that I could ask you boot questions for hours waiting for a pretentious response, but please answer me this in all seriousness.

Is that a stone pig I see in the pictures and what is the story there?

I'm dying to know, thanks.

18. gregornz

gregornz Well-Known Member

Louie, can you up pictures of your shoe trees? Now that is a collection I gotta see!

19. 4characters

More info/pics please Louie? [​IMG]

20. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

I believe there are a couple of different makers for the baker's oxford. Mine i am fairly certain came from Nick's due to the leathers and 18 week lead time. they are great though. really great quality and fit as well as my whites. if not for the lead time I may have already ordered another pair to rotate. The bakers oxfords are my primary work shoes.