1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LouieBailie

LouieBailie Well-Known Member

Call Wesco tell them you would like to buy a set of leather laces for your 16 inch high line mans boots, you will get a pair that equals 2 pairs for price on one pair (cut one lace in half) and just might get them free.

2. LouieBailie

Hey lina

"I feel like if you don't own a $2000 pair of Edward Snowden boots and a $10,000 Bergdahl watch that you don't belong."

Who wears that cheap of a watch that reads this thread? shame on them....[​IMG]

3. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Well you know, maybe from a consignment store..

4. sleepy94

sleepy94 Well-Known Member

Placed my order back in may, I hoping I'm at the halfway point.
    Here are the specs
    Retro Oxford by White's Boots
    Item No: 154
    Hardware: All Brass Eyes
    Leather: Natural Chrome Excel by Horween
    Size - Length: 8
    Sole: Double Leather
    Toe Cap: No Thanks
    No Celastic
    Size - Width: D (medium)
    Sole Trim: Close Trim
    Heel Base: 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler) 1/4" lower
    I almost went (was a really close call) with the viberg/styleforum make up but I really love the way the retro oxfords look and I love the way the white's fit my foot.
    I'll post up some photos when they arrive

5. EastWestApparel

EastWestApparel Well-Known Member

Hi all, been a while, some new styles in, lets see what captain Louie has to say about block heels :)

6. LouieBailie

Don't worry the poster will be scheduled for the next firing squad, for ignoring the forums' strict ordering guidelines. [​IMG]

He just has to realize he is gonna look completely normal wearing them.[​IMG]

PS I remembered another couple of reasons to treat leather soles and heels; This morning while walking through the Hospital parking lot I stept on a large piece of gum, bummer, I reached down and it rolled right off my treated leather sole.. I offered it back to the guy,,, (ahh might upset some of the people here if I continue so i will truncate)...also treating leather soles and heals also eliminates lots of shoe/boot creaks.

7. gregornz

gregornz Well-Known Member

Hooray! My order was shipped today, 31 days after I submitted it! :slayer:

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. mogili222

mogili222 Well-Known Member

Wonderful.. Do post pictures once you get them delivered..

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  9. Royteane

Royteane Well-Known Member

Order placed yesterday. Mostly standard Smokejumper but with composite toe in smooth brown. A real boot for work, I'm going to wear them all day except jumping into mud pit[​IMG].

-My order placed thru Bakershoe, can I check my order progress like gregornz?
    -Due to dust, dirt, cement... I clean my nubuck boot with leather cleaner and conditioner for waterproofness very often. Should I do this with the White or just wiping with damp cloth?

10. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    2 people like this.
  11. climbinglife

climbinglife Well-Known Member

Just realize LP will darken your boots at least one shade, maybe more depending on how heavy handed you are with it.

12. mogili222

What do people think about two toned boots in general. I am thinking about a Bounty Hunter with the Vamp and the Counter in Brown Oil with the uppers in something lighter like the Distressed Smooth or the natural Chromexcel or the Red Dog..

1 person likes this.
  13. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

^ I've always thought lighter vamp and shaft with darker heel and toecap looks cool...

14. climbinglife

climbinglife Well-Known Member

I agree with this!

Since I don't own anything in Black, I have been thinking about doing up a pair of SD's in a 461 last, Black CXL for the lowers and Natural CXL for everything else.

15. mogili222

What leathers would look good with the Brown oil heel and topcap? Distressed smooth or Natural CXK are an option but again I am afraid of the color bleeding from my jeans onto the lighter color.

16. gregornz

You can log into your Bakers account here

I always thought that two tone smokejumpers look great when the front of the boot (vamp) is one colour, and then the whole back of it (counter and upper) is the other colour. There aren't many examples of it around that I can find, but I love these semi-dress in the same kind of philosophy:

[​IMG]

I based my upcoming work-boots on this idea, except mine are brown bison with brown oil roughout up front, so I imagine there won't be such huge contrast.

Having said all that, these are my favourite smokejumpers which have that brown oil and red dog contrast:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. broken_oracle

broken_oracle Well-Known Member

Hey @gregornz - you know which leather choice that is for the upper/counter? Or the roughout portion for that matter? Thanks!

18. TH3515

TH3515 Well-Known Member

19. gregornz

I'm pretty sure it's distressed roughout and british tan... looks good huh?

20. CityofChamps

CityofChamps Well-Known Member

Picks from Ultrasound boots Facebook.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]