1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

That is a gorgeous makeup. Can you share specs? By far the nicest pair of black Whites boots I've seen. Very nice!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  2. ben2t

ben2t Well-Known Member

No I won't! Lol, specs is in the previous page.

3. linafelt

linafelt Well-Known Member

Ben2t, can you talk about how these compare in fit and feel to your Viberg chukkas?

4. ben2t

ben2t Well-Known Member

Sure linafelt, 1st i want to state that i use insole on all my boots and rubber shoes as i have problem with foot pain. My White's size 7 1/2 US fits perfect even without an insole i like the arch ease support feature, while my Viberg chukka 7 UK a little bit big on me will need thin insole for sure as my heel ache after a full day of wear yesterday. Both boots looks fantastic and well built the Chukka is slightly heavier maybe because of the hard dainite sole.

5. brokeassp

brokeassp Well-Known Member

mothball and ben: those are some nice boots!

1 person likes this.
  6. linafelt

Thanks for the feedback. Interesting that the Viberg chukka is heavier than the 6" Whites. I am also having serious heel slip issues with my Vibergs (like yours I think on the 110 last), and am thinking of trying Whites instead. Really like the build on your pair...

7. b-ewing

b-ewing Well-Known Member

Edit

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  8. Brian Itzaina

Brian Itzaina Well-Known Member

Close, gopher canyon.

9. HDPolarbear

HDPolarbear Active Member

anyone here use shoe trees for their boots?

I was thinking of getting a pair but the thought of boots forming to the shape of your foot and adding shoes trees to retain the shape of the boots doesn't makes sense to me.

Since the shape of your toes and the shoetree is different, what is the point of using a shoe trees to retain it's shape and removing creases other than wicking moisture from the boot?

10. aaronjared

aaronjared Active Member

The pressure of shoe trees will not affect the shape of the boot in relation to your foot. Your weight evenly distributed on each foot walking in a boot is enormous compared to a small spring in the shoe trees. You summed it up, shoe trees are for wicking moisture and preventing creases from rotting and drying out.

11. the shivman

the shivman Well-Known Member

Brian, do you have any wear progress pics of your SJ's?

12. linafelt

I've noticed in some recent White's pics, and a previous poster called attention to this on his boots, that the stitching on the welt is not always White, but seems dyed or something. Anyone know why? It loses some of the distinctiveness of the White's look...

13. HDPolarbear

HDPolarbear Active Member

All right thanks..

How about the shape of the tree and the shoe last? I think they should be similar but how can I find shoe trees with the same last as White's SD?

14. EastWestApparel

EastWestApparel Well-Known Member

You won't need to, the last is the last and it won't change shape, shoe trees just preserve them in between wears especially if you wear them often.

Linafelt, you can rub the dressing off of the welt stitching in seconds with a key or penny/ dime or any other smal coined currency :)

15. b-ewing

b-ewing Well-Known Member

I think SDs look best when the toe has curled up a bit. So for me, no trees. Now, maybe if I got some in shell, but my cheap ass won't let that happen any time soon :D

16. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

+1

Still dreaming of shell, but will probably settle for smooth leather for cheap durability…

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  17. tigerpac

tigerpac Well-Known Member

I use shoe trees in my dress boots like Aldens and Trickers but not in White's, I'm just not mean enough to em to warrant them.

18. frankman

frankman Member

TigerPac,

I use the trees I got from White's. I like to keep the shape and may consider celastic for next pair of SDs.

Frankman

19. 2eleven

2eleven Member

Nice boots! Is this the semi dress last (bounty hunter) or the regular #4811 smokejumper last?

20. ben2t

ben2t Well-Known Member

thanks 2eleven, its the classic C461, I want the BH in Semi Dress last but there is no option for close trim sole so i go with the C461.