1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. johng70

johng70 Well-Known Member

See, I look at the photo and think the exact opposite. "dressy wear" and pants bloused like you're in combat boots are just at the opposite end of the spectrum for me. To me, that just looks bad.

2. andy b.

andy b. Well-Known Member

I'll admit, I only have a sample of three, and I tend to play around with sizings a little to get the fit I want, but I would agree the Packers seem to be cut smaller than the SJs or Bounty Hunters. It may be that White's assumes you will wear the SLs with heavier socks? I really don't know.

Andy B.

3. andy b.

I'm not normally a fan of crepe soles, but I like how these look! Andy B.

4. andy b.

I have to agree a little with crosswound. I don't think any of White's styles would work with "dress" pants. About the closest I can pull off is my black thoroughbred (pointed toe) Packers work with some pants that are on the dressier side. I will say though that I think you could wear the SDs, or Bounty Hunters with chinos/khakis. I do on a regular basis in winter and I think they look good. Also, you can wear most of the White's stuff with corduroys as long as they aren't a dress cut, more of a jeans cut. These pants I wear them with are all flat front, no pleated fronts. I think anything with a pleated front would be too dressy.

Just my opinion.

Andy B.

5. JVAV

JVAV Member

@CWMI, what leather is that?

6. Ada111

Ada111 Member

Baker usually monitors this forum, maybe they know :). Otherwise I would go with the cheaper version.

7. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Well-Known Member

I once ordered through the buildaboot site, paid, and got confirmation, but they came back to say that Whites could not support that price. Interesting how legally binding that sale would have been - I paid, but could not get the goods at that price. Any thoughts?

8. 4characters

4characters Well-Known Member

Andy B. --- I haven’t worn many White's yet, but I’ve seen many pictures of White’s boots and I totally agree with your opinion at least for my wardrobe.

My personal wardrobe will mainly consist of...
    White’s SD boots in navy CXL with medallion toe cap.

• Vintage Pendleton wool jackets
    • Vintage Schott bomber jacket
    • French officers coat
    • Original navy Pea coat
    • Harris tweed sport coats
    • Dress shirts
    • Flannel shirts
    • Khakis
    • Blue jeans-- N&F, Lee 23oz, Levis 501xx

To dress up my boots with I will pair them with some khakis, a nice shirt, and a tweed sport coat.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  9. hollowsleather

hollowsleather Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That's how they look today.

I don't think I've used any products on them at all yet. Just a damp cloth and brushing.

10. andy b.

4c,

That is exactly the type of wardrobe I think would work with a pair of White's. In fact, I own a lot of similar items.

Andy B.

1 person likes this.
  11. ec123456

ec123456 Active Member

Hi, I am in the process of ordering a custom Whites semi-dress from bakers, and was wondering what the following options referred to:

Leather liner, heel base, celastic toe box and toe bug stitching.

Also is there somewhere I can view pictures/prices of all the available leathers?

Many thanks

12. 4characters

http://www.bakershoe.com/attribute-details.cfm/brand/whites-boots/Quote:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. ec123456

ec123456 Active Member

That's just perfect, thanks 4characters

14. 4characters

15. ec123456

ec123456 Active Member

Thinking about this following combination:

14E,Burgundy Chrome excel,cream liner,vibram 269 sole,Brown edge,single midsole,standard last,close trim,single toebox, blocked off heel ,no toecap, all antique eyelets, no pull loops,no toe bug stitching

Thoughts? Thinking about making it no toebox for a more casual look, any pictures of ones with no toebox?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  16. Ada111

Ada111 Member

As a reminder these were to show non celastic toe box. I like it, allows for even more patina :)

17. HDPolarbear

HDPolarbear Active Member

The right toe looks like it's collapsing.

Does a cap toe stiffen the toe making it less prone to creases on the toe?

18. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

This thread just reached :uhoh:

1 person likes this.
  19. b-ewing

b-ewing Well-Known Member

Would think so, but only mildly. It'll definitely flatten/crease with wear. Been seriously debating doing this myself, mainly to achieve a lower profile

20. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

Not what I want for myself, but the collapsed toe box does have a certain charm. It's definitely a lower profile. I have thick toes, so a higher toe box is more to my liking. For comfort, a mocassin-style toe is my favorite. But I like the looks of many other toe styles, including pointed toe cowboy boots.

Allan