1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

custom pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rich, Apr 14, 2006.

1. rich

rich Member

Hey folks, I am looking to get some new pants; Would you guys recommend Mr. ned or LS for custom pants. I was looking for cuffed, single reverse pleats, anyone think this is a good idea?

Thanks...

2. weeks

weeks Well-Known Member

Do you have an odd shaped lower half? Have you had a hard time finding pants that fit you correctly? Do you want a style/fabric that is not available OTR? If the answer to all of these questions is no, then custom pants seem unneccesary to me.

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

I would recommend LS Clothing and their in-house pants maker. For around $135-200(??), or half the price of Incotex, you get a very well-made trouser from decent but not amazing fabrics. Izzy has quite the selection of odd fabric laying around; mostly durable basics.

4. alflauren

alflauren Well-Known Member

I think custom pants are a pretty good deal (usually). They only run a fraction of what a custom suit costs, and they're personally tailored. Plus, you can usually get a wider range of fabric than what's normally available and can even source it yourself.

I can't speak to LS or Mr. Ned, but I do think that single reverse with cuffs is a great style. It's a bit more dressy than flat-front, and is a younger look than a double or triple pleat.