1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Currently in Japan, which J denim brand should I pick up?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by evident, Jun 28, 2012.

1. evident

evident Active Member

I will be here for another week or so for business and want to pick up a pair or two of jeans from here, especially since i dropped two waist sizes and all my jeans are too big on me currently. I am not too familiar with Japanese brand denim as you guys are. i'd like to stay in the $100-200 range if possible. One store I was at was carrying Edwin 503 (non selvedge) jeans that looked nice for about 8500 yen (~$105). If i'm able to swing by the pure blue japan store in tokyo i might splurge on a pair there since everyone seems to highly regard them. Any other recommendations? I'd really appreciate it!

2. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

Try IndigoFan's maps of good denim stores in Tokyo...

I'd head to Ueno, but if it's stuff at the level of Edwin you are after, then they have a relatively new flagship store in one of the Nippori Ekimae towers, just next to the JR station.

3. evident

evident Active Member

I only brought up edwin because it was the first I saw at a dept store of a Japan made jeans that didnt have too gaudy of designs. Now I think I may also splurge and go to the Momotaro or Pure Blue Japan store as well and get a pair there.

4. evident

evident Active Member

im sure evisu jeans are of great quality but i'm not a fan of their gaudy logos on back pocket.

5. MikeDT

MikeDT Well-Known Member

It's gaudy, it's Evisu, it's made in China.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  6. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

1992 called; it's for you . . . .

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012