1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Current sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, Jan 19, 2005.

1. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Well-Known Member

Well, jpe, at least you got to what I suspect is the Bergdorf sale judging from the labels (or maybe Louis?). You bought the same kind of Italian muted country clothes I like. I didn't get to NYC after Christmas and bought one pair of Oxxford gray flannels from Bergdorf by mail order, reduced from a ridiculous price by barely a third. I'm envious but you seemed to have bought nice goods.

2. AJL

AJL Well-Known Member

Lots of stuff, including Dries Van Noten dress pants, moleskin pants from Neil Barrett, misc. cotton/cord pants from P.A.R.O.S.H & Masons, cotton herringbone coat from  Duffer of St. George, cotton cord. coat from Engineered Garments, sport shirts from G.I., Dries Van Noten, Malo & Unis, a couple of Wrangler 47 denim shirts, a number of misc. casual knit shirts and pullovers, a pair of Ludwig Reiter trainers, a pair of Paraboot black chukkas w/ norwegian stitching, an antiqued mahogany brown double prong leather belt from Louis, and a pair of E. Green Exeter's en route from England. All at 40-50% off, almost all of which I was able to try on before purchasing.

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

Need an assistant? Â Will work for Greens both literally and figuratively.
    As sick as this might sound, $1800 for a blended cashmere Colombo coat seems cheap compared to the prices I've seen at Bergdorf. And, in the spirit of this thread, Jpe--you dress like farmer... (It's a compliment if you decide to read the archives).

4. jpe

jpe Active Member

Actually most of the stuff is from Wilkes Bashford in San Francisco...my favorite place. The sportcoat was Saks after xmas sale.
    Thanks for the compliment (I think).

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

The PDCs were at the Louis Boston sale. They sold out of them VERY quickly.

6. v0rtex

v0rtex Well-Known Member

A pair of Prada mainline cotton t-shirts, one white, one midnight blue - £9 each ($18), marked down from £28 ($55)... The RRP seemed very cheap though, maybe they're underwear shirts or were already reduced?

Pair of Dior Homme ankle zip boots, £120 ($230-ish) marked down from £320 ($630-ish). They are pinching a little though, hope they just need breaking in - how tight should/can new boots be? Not worn boots before, aware they're supposed to be a little bit uncomfortable until you get used to them.

7. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

1.) Red bengal stripe slim cut RLPL shirt ($149) @ RL

2.) Light blue button down oxford RLPL shirt ($80) @ RL

3.) Windsor cut black and blue pinstripe RLPL shirt ($95) @ Sak's

4.) Lucky brand 10D's ($42) @ Lucky's

5.) Dunhill motories cashmere and wool heavy navy sweater with light blue stiching ($125) @ Sak's

6.) Dunhill cashmere charcol gray turtleneck slim cut ($90) @ Sak's

8. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

I found a pair of Santoni's i've been after for a long, long time [​IMG]

9. tattersall

tattersall Well-Known Member

Just received: Edward Green Beaulieu (their austerity brogue) in Chestnut antique on the 888. I ordered them with trees and the ones that arrived are unvarnished (birch?) and are more hollowed out than the other varnished trees I have. These turned out to be quite a deal as I escaped the triple wrath of customs, duty and taxes.

Dunhill 'Club' wallet.

Seven for all mankind bootcut jeans.

Johnstons navy blue cashmere v-neck sweater.

Johnstons burgundy cashmere scarf.

10. ernest

ernest Well-Known Member

What was the original price?