1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

CT Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by new obsession, Jun 22, 2006.

1. new obsession

new obsession Well-Known Member

CT on 7th is having a closeout sale starting today not sure if everything is on sale, but most things I saw were. Stopped in to return some shoes I had for a while and asked what the fuss was...

They are selling their suits for $195 coat and $95 pants. That is cheaper than the 50% off price. Has anyone checked out their summer collection, the cotton or linen suits? At that price I may buy a cream colored cotton, just curious to hear opinions. What do you think of the weight for a summer suit?

The linen suits are the same price, maybe a good possibility for a linen jacket?

2. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

3. frankie lee

frankie lee Active Member

Are their suits any good? Canvassed? What's the silhouette like?

4. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Well-Known Member

Wow, people have moved quick. There isn't really anything left for a 38R/40r suit, or 10-11.5 shoes....but then again, that's just me.

5. Jovan

Jovan Well-Known Member

Silhouette is classic English Savile Row. Canvassing... I'm still not sure. Some argue here that they're fused, even though I've gotten an email simply stating it has horsehair canvas for shape. Can't remember if they said it was floating or not. I really wish they'd just give a straight answer.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

The suits are fused

7. Mutant Hairs

Mutant Hairs Member

Some of the shirts are $35 each. That seems like a "can't go wrong" price.

How's the shrinkage? Will I need to order larger neck and sleeves than I usually wear?

8. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Well-Known Member

The fact that a suit contains some horsehair canvas is not a reliable indicator of its quality. Nor is the fact that it has a floating chest piece. It is possible for those features to be present on a coat with a full canvas interlining and hand-padstitched lapels, and it is also possible for those features to be placed on a coat made with the crappiest possible fusible interlining in the lapels and quarters.

In fact, if I wanted to market a line of otherwise undistinguished suits to a semi-informed customer base, I'd be sure to have the factory put 1% horsehair in the chest piece and ensure that the chest pieces were floating. Not to say that this is what Tyrwhitt is doing, but I certainly don't draw anything useful regarding quality from their catalog marketing copy.

9. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Well-Known Member

Would anyone be willing to pick up a pair of shoes for me? I need them for my wedding and I am too busy (bar exams and wedding planning) and without many options in terms of stores in my area. I would pay you for your trouble and I am looking at a particular pair (in brown or black, or both). I think a size 11 would suffice as these shoes tend to run large.

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMSB...Calf%20Leather

10. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

The suits are pretty much useless since (I think) they are all made with functional cuffs.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Would anyone be willing to pick up a pair of shoes for me? I need them for my wedding and I am too busy (bar exams and wedding planning) and without many options in terms of stores in my area. I would pay you for your trouble and I am looking at a particular pair (in brown or black, or both). I think a size 11 would suffice as these shoes tend to run large.

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMSB...Calf%20Leather

You want to wear brown brogued shoes to your wedding?

12. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Well-Known Member

Hardly ideal, I know. The wedding is pretty casual and I had already ordered a pair of shoes but they are lost in transit (from a different source and the shoes are black oxfords). I have an emergency pair of shoes I can wear (black oxfords but they are pretty beat up) but Indian tradition is that the shoes have to be new.

The moral of the story is that you should not get married while doing your bar exams. Particularly if it is a large traditional Indian wedding with the in-laws breathing down your neck[​IMG]

13. marc237

marc237 Well-Known Member

The suits are pretty much useless since (I think) they are all made with functional cuffs.

Wow. Good catch. Thanks. What a limiting feature on a mail order suit.

14. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Well-Known Member

Well, they are only uselsess if one requires a lot of altering to the sleeves.

I have one of the CT wool suits. It's just o.k. The wool is fairly rough, the sleeves are rather wide. Overall grade: C+