1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crucifixion Nails Found in Tomb

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by meister, Apr 13, 2011.

1. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

This is the kind of shockingly bad argument...

Again, clearly I'm out of my depth with you gentlemen. I see there'll be no getting you into heaven. You've got me.

2. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

Again, clearly I'm out of my depth with you gentlemen. I see there'll be no getting you into heaven. You've got me.

"There's nothing an agnostic can't do if he doesn't know whether he believes in anything or not" [​IMG]

3. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Clearly I would be unable to challenge an intellect and wit such as yours.

No need to get sarcky now Jesus wouldn't like it would he.

Let's suspend our disbelief for a moment and pretend you have a friend. Your friend has shown himself to be correct and reliable on every occasion. Now he tells you something that is hard to believe and unverifiable. You would be inclined to trust him based on your past experiences with him.

That's what faith is like. It is not belief despite the evidence, but rather trust based on a witness who has shown himself to be reliable.

Your analogy is interesting yet not quite correct. To be analogous with the bible my friend would have proven to be correct on occasion with respect to mundane details yet have pants afire on every significant detail.

4. nairb49

nairb49 Well-Known Member

Maybe there are still traces of DNA on these. Scientists will be able to resurrect jesus, but this time it will be in a petri dish. They'll use stem cells from a fetus and will have to implant it in a woman's vaginal. What if her name is Mary? What if the story of jesus was really a prediction of the future? It would connect the dots after all this time and the story would make sense.

I read a terrible book called "The Genesis Code" by John Case (airport pickup) whose

SPOILER ALERT

entire theme is centered around EXACTLY that.