1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crocs article

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by millionaire75, Jul 25, 2007.

1. LanAltec

LanAltec Well-Known Member

2. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

We don't do comfy on style forum ,we do beautiful and pleasing to the eye!!!![​IMG]

3. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Exactly. Who would buy them for the looks? 99% of shoes designed specifically for comfort are FUGLY. They're so popular because they are cheap as hell and comfortable (from what I've been told, I have never tried any on), and also because they are unfortunately trendy.

My wife wears them to work, where she is on her feet most of the day, anywhere from 12-24 hours. She could give a damn about looks when faced with that.

My wife cuts hair. She has several pairs, but the better looking ones (sort of - I'd say "less ugly really), the Prima. They have given her less hip and back pain than any other shoes so far, amazingly, even with the serious hip problems she has.

You need Danskos. I just got a pair and they are life savers.

My wife has 3 pairs on Danskos as well, and they have been her favorite for the hospital for a few years now. Not attractive, but much more so than Crocs. They do hold up very well, check out zappos.com for them.

Interestingly enough, my wife had dreadful luck with the Dansko shoes she has used. Just uncomfortable over hours of standing.

I didn't know Crocs also made flip flops. I found these on Lord and Taylor's website. They look like they could be pretty comfy!

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/gifts/O...89&IID=2014387

My wife found a pair recently (don't remember the model), she said they were very comfortable.

4. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

I saw a guy at Parisians the other day buying some. However, I feel guilty when publicly mocking people (most of the time). But seriously. A man has no business buying these awful shoes.

5. ms244

ms244 Well-Known Member

6. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

A bit of cold war chill on style forum?

I have every summer some Russian students stayingat my place and they are falling into two categories...

New Russians as they call themselves: Massive logos Gucci ,Cavalli,D&G,and a lot of brands on display....
    More conservative: Eastern European style ,very casual and not very feminine...

7. lakewolf

lakewolf Well-Known Member

I hate those stupid looking shoes. Everything about crocs looks cheap and lame. Completely plastic and rubber shoes in one solid color, just what everyone wants. Whats next? Big red clown noses as a form of sun protection?

great idea ! I think I'll invest on that.. .or maybe eric glennie has already patented it [​IMG]

8. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

They are allright on little girls under 12 and that's it.....

In my town ,we have the pleasure to have a defile of fat housewifes wearing crocs every saturday outside the main department store...

it is maybe a feminist statement....They used to burn their bras or let their body hair growing as a political statement ,maybe crocs have some hidden symbolic meaning?

9. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

They are allright on little girls under 12 and that's it.....

Fallout from the Crocs Madness...

My 3yr old Daughters Crocs Tan Lines [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

You can call the judge and sue the Croc Empire for $54 millions dollars.....