1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I'll be able to make a more definite/informed decision once we find out about VAT and also the lead time. Still interested.

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

3. wklq76a

wklq76a Well-Known Member

^[​IMG].

Hoit, did you ever consider a "fun" lining color, or do you know if they're available? I could ask Lauren, but I have a feeling I'm going to be flooding her inbox in the coming weeks.

4. hoit1981

I can't remember if we ever requested a funky colour for the lining? I do remember that we asked for the shoes to be individually numbered (to commemorate the grand occasion) and it was a no-can-do.

5. LeSacre

LeSacre Well-Known Member

I'm still in and fine with all the details! I would prefer speedhooks, but it's no deal breaker. Now lets hope the 675 includes VAT.

Thank you for putting this together -- I was quite bummed when I missed out on the first round.

6. ErikW

ErikW Well-Known Member

^ also, can we choose the color of the danite sole? Personally, I think I would prefer something other than red.

7. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite, haha. Speedhooks are a dealbreaker for me.

8. tifosi

tifosi Well-Known Member

I am sure as heck hoping we aren't thinking a red sole for these.....

9. wklq76a

I assumed the Dainite sole would be dark grey-ish, like it is on my Conistons. I have no interest in a red sole, myself, and will make sure it's like the following:
    [​IMG]

10. S K M

S K M Well-Known Member

Vey interesting news! Is dainite (as opposed to single/double leather) non-negotiable?

11. wklq76a

Yes, it is for this run. I hope it doesn't dampen your interest in this GMTO.

12. LeSacre

LeSacre Well-Known Member

Eyelets it is then [​IMG]

I'm pretty set on dainite. IDK if I'd back out if we went with leather, but I would highly prefer dainite.

13. aldenfan

aldenfan Well-Known Member

I know I'm not at the top of the list that expressed interest, but I'm interested. Depending on the final price (VAT versus no-VAT), I'm interested. I definitely want a Dainite sole, and I'm thinking I'd like all eyelets. Can someone check about the final price in USD and if they can exclude VAT?

14. wklq76a

^@Aldenfan, I'll have you third on the "waiting list" in case we have some that drop out. I am waiting to hear back from Lauren regarding VAT, as well as expected delivery times. I fired off my e-mail right after business hours GMT, so we likely will know within a day or so.

15. S K M

S K M Well-Known Member

Okay I'll be out then. I will mainly bee using them for spring and autumn on sunny dry days (shell is not very good in wet conditions anyway), so for me a dainite sole wouldn't make much sense. But great initiative and good luck with the project, no doubt you'll have the slots filled up in a jiffy.

Btw, I'm hoping to get a EG GMTO going very soon for a brogue boot also in whiskey shell, so hopefully I won't be whiskey shell-less by autumn :satisfied:

Cheers

16. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

:puzzled: I wonder if there is a interests for regular calf Harlech? I know Crockett and Jones has some wonderful calf colors. I may be in for a second helping. Dainite or double leather soles or even ridge way.

17. hoit1981

Even without VAT these got expensive! Would be £562.50 minus VAT, or $938!

18. wklq76a

Sorry to hear, but I'm glad you still have hope for whiskey this fall!

Cheers.

19. wklq76a

Friends,
    I am still waiting to hear back as to whether £675 is with or without VAT and the expected delivery time, but I was hoping to pin down all the specs so we can place the order once I do get a reply. As it stands, we are at:

Harlech on 341 last
    Whiskey cordovan (!)
    Dainite sole (dark grey, as in stock Conistons)
    All brass eyelets (open to voting on brass/blind, or combination thereof)
    Storm welt

So it would basically be like the previous run, except for the eyelets and a dainite sole. I have the following degrees of commitment from members:
    @LeSacre - Confirmed in
    @tifosi - Pending VAT and delivery date
    @ErikW - Pending VAT
    @madridista - "Interested"
    @PartagasIV - "Interested"

Would you all be in, assuming the price is right? It's not my intention to be pushy; I'm just excited to start waiting for delivery, I guess [​IMG]. And we do have a few members ready to jump in if a spot opens up. Of course, if any would prefer not to have their member ID posted in the thread, I'd be happy to pull it, and communicate via PM.

Cheers!

20. hoit1981

^ Personally I can't imagine this with brass eyelets. Too casual IMO. Just my $0.02 of course.

I'm pretty certain that the cost quoted (£675) is including vat - their prices haven't increased that much!