1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Deusis

Deusis Well-Known Member

I just got a price update on the Polo Suede Harlech GMTO. Pretty much $400 + shipping. Not a bad price!
    • Price – Including VAT - £375 (~$481)
    • Price – Excluding VAT - £312.51 (~$400)
    • (Optional) Redenbach Soles - +£15 (~$20)

chipshot likes this.
  2. JayDotz

JayDotz Well-Known Member

I wanted to post photos of the whiskey lindrick but there is a 1mb file size limit! Not sure how to work around that yet.

Either way my pair is outstanding!!!

Manav Kapoor likes this.
  3. Manav Kapoor

Manav Kapoor Well-Known Member

How'd the shade turn out compared to recent Whiskey runs?

I'm not home for another 4 hours...

4. JayDotz

https://imgur.com/a/7NaTJ

I'm in love with them.

Gabru and Manav Kapoor like this.
  5. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

I am good for this if you can get gmto going for polo suede only. Also what is normal leather sole do they use? Since you said redenbach sole is optional.

6. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Mine look more like the Warlow 2.0.....your pic looks more like the older whiskey that resembles natural shell more with orange undertones (might be the lighting).

I have to say, I had completely forgotten we ordered Dainite soles on these. I would have preferred double leather but oh well. Great boots.

7. BackInTheJox

Mine look more like the Warlow 2.0.....your pic looks more like the older whiskey that resembles natural shell more with orange undertones (might be the lighting).

I have to say, I had completely forgotten we ordered Dainite soles on these. I would have preferred double leather but oh well. Great boots.

8. Manav Kapoor

Manav Kapoor Well-Known Member

Quick shot:

http://imgur.com/ehE3DM9

Medallion on left boot is ever-so-slightly off center but I'm not picky.

Beautiful boots!

9. JayDotz

It could very well be the lighting. I would say these are consistent with what Alden whiskey and E.G. Bourbons has looked like recently.

Gabru likes this.
  10. Gabru

Gabru Well-Known Member

Beautiful boots everyone, these whiskey Lindricks came more b'ful than I thought. And the whiskey is definitely not the darker shade but definitely more like Alden whiskey.
    I recently got new Alden whiskey LHS and would say that color on the two is very similar.
    DSC_0668.JPG DSC_0669.JPG

zephs likes this.
  11. mockingboy

mockingboy Well-Known Member

Anyone looking to unload a 9.5 UK of those?

12. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

100% in on this especially at that price.

13. BackInTheJox

Lindricks3.JPG
    I realize the lighting in these pics is not great (and it's raining out so no good outdoor shots), but my Whiskey Lindricks looks essentially identical in shade/color to my darker/new Whiskey Marlows. Maybe the whiskey gods just don't like me. I'm 0/2 on getting the shade of whiskey I actually wanted.

Lindricks1.JPG Lindricks2.JPG Lindricks1.JPG Lindricks2.JPG

Edit: Sorry about the ridiculous order of posting the pictures. This new image uploading format is all kinds of idiotic.

14. Gabru

Gabru Well-Known Member

@BackInTheJox , difficult to get good idea of the shade in that pic accept that they look similar to your marlows. I don't have those marlows to compare, but I'd say that the whiskey color on my boots is the regular whiskey , any lighter and they'd look like Natural to me instead of whiskey ( not a shade I like)!
    Here is a comparison pic to my Alden whiskey LHS ( 2 months old) and Vass whiskey ( more than 1 year old). Vass has gotten slightly darker with regular use..
    DSC_0673.JPG

15. BackInTheJox

That's fair and I see what you're saying. Pics of others' whiskey shell usually had a gold/orange hue (not as strongly as natural shell) that I like. Sort of like walnut calf. Mine certainly don't have this.

However, ignoring that, I do like the C&J whiskey I've received. I have a pair of natural shell wingtip boots coming my way from another maker and I may or may not keep both, depending on the perceived difference. You and I differ in that I very much do like the appearance of natural shell.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 5:45 AM
    Gabru likes this.
  16. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

I did get a 9.5UK but unlikely that I am going to unload them.

-Mike

17. wqvong

wqvong Well-Known Member

I have a pair of warlow uk9.5 with C&J shoe tree I can unload.

18. ijustshaturpnts

ijustshaturpnts Member

Sorry to harp on this, but does anyone have Lauren's email address? I want to inquire about a possible GMTO, and I've gotten nowhere with the general info email address. You can PM if you'd rather not share it publicly. Thanks!

19. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

PMed

20. ijustshaturpnts

ijustshaturpnts Member

Thank you so much!