1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Nivs

Nivs Member

I had taken my name off the list but I've added it back in. We need only 1 more now.

1 person likes this.
  2. ltjaw

ltjaw Well-Known Member

Regarding the Whiaky Cheviot, two more are required. I am regretfully dropping out of the GMTO after recently visiting a C&J stockist and trying on the 325 last (Pembroke). I cannot find a suitable fit in the standard E width on this last. I'm sorry if this is a setback to the group order. This is a great shoe, and I am envious of you guys who can fit a pair in their standard offering.

3. BigCake

BigCake Member

Your name is still on the spreadsheet.

4. wolfpacktime243

wolfpacktime243 Member

Can anyone give some quick sizing advice for the 325 last? I seem to always have issues with width but really want to join the cheviot GMTO. I'm a brannock 10.5E; here are some sizes:

Alden Barrie: 9.5D, would need 9.5E in anything other than unlined suede
    Alden Plaza: 10E
    Carmina Rain: 9.5UK works okay with thin socks
    Tricker's W2298: 9.5UK
    Truman: 10.5EE (their wide last)

5. Dd1101

Dd1101 Well-Known Member

Will there be any GMTO on calf skin and for now what are the open shell GMTO right now?

6. BigCake

BigCake Member

Whisky shell GMTO. 2 more needed.

Quote:

7. Dd1101

Dd1101 Well-Known Member

How do the cheviots fit compared to 335 last. I have the cardigans in 9.5 uk

8. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the Cheviots specifically, but 325 is a tad wider than 335. You could certainly wear both in the same size-- I am an 11E in both-- but if you're on the narrower end of that spectrum, or prefer tighter shoes, 325 may not be your favorite choice. Too bad, because I prefer its toe shape to 335.

That being said, there might be some adjustment you can do on 325 (such as wearing mid-weight socks or putting in an insole) that will solve the problem. Your cobbler might have some insight.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  9. ltjaw

ltjaw Well-Known Member

The 325 last is a little narrower than the 335, but my advice is to take the same size on the 325 as the 335. This is based on my experience trying on these shoes and is also the advice given to me by Ms. Searle at C&J.

10. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

Go with 9.5

11. Faster

Faster Well-Known Member

Going to put up by NIB Warlow's in whiskeyshell for sale on the bay. If any one here is interested please let me know. Hopefully not breaking any rules by putting here, will move to BST as well.

10E UK
    NIB
    No trees
    PM for any questions
    Will be asking 670 - net to me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Falu_al

Falu_al Well-Known Member

exciting - let's get this one done!

13. BigCake

BigCake Member

Do any of you gentlemen know how the 325 compares to a Brannock? I'm a 7D and have no way of trying on any C&J's.

14. BigCake

BigCake Member

My best-fitting shoes are probably my 6.5D Alden long wingtips (Barrie last).

15. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

16. RTWu

RTWu Active Member

I'm not familiar with the 325 last but gonna try and find some time this weekend to pop into a store and see how they fit, as I'm just on the edge of whether or not to join the GMTO. Will report back if/when I get a chance.

17. PCRL

PCRL Member

same concern here, us6.5E Alden Barrie fits me, need some information on CJ's sizing

18. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Marlow PTDerbies yesterday. Unfortunately, unexpected rain left lots of water spots after this, so will need some TLC.

[​IMG]

19. ErikW

ErikW Well-Known Member

For those of you who ordered the Marlow PTB in Whiskey Shell Cordovan...Lauren notified me that we are 2-3 weeks out.[​IMG]

Just in time for me to be weaned out of my AirCast. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  20. Dd1101

Dd1101 Well-Known Member

Kinda regret I missed this one

1 person likes this.