1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. drile

drile Member

Try opening it on a computer. Didn't work on an iPhone for me but worked fine on computer.

Just paid! Marking It on the sheet.

2. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

3. momone

momone Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot then

4. kczsilence

kczsilence Well-Known Member

Sadly no link sent, Wth.

5. kczsilence

kczsilence Well-Known Member

Paid. Waiting on last two I suppose and then we're set. Sorry for the wait guys

1 person likes this.
  6. mxgreen

mxgreen Well-Known Member

[COLOR=8B4513]brown shell MArlow Ptb[/COLOR]

The proposed makeup is identical to the RL Marlow PTB but it will be made under the Grasmere model (on the 325 last). The specs are: Specs:
    • Grasmere (325 last)
    • Dark brown (C&J color "dark cognac") shell cordovan
    • Exposed eyelets
    • Storm welt
    • Antique welt/edge
    • Separate signups for Double leather soles and Dainite soles
    Price: £620 (less VAT is £516.67). Shipping to US is £30.00. I believe that the price indicated includes the increase to be applied on March 1. So, perhaps if we get 12 and all pay before then the price will be lower. The list for those interested in double leather soles remains at 7. The list for those interested in Dainite soles is now at 10; the list was at 8 yesterday. Click on BROWN SHELL MARLOW PTB above to go to the signup spreadsheet. Feel free to contact me with any questions! [​IMG]

7. DSky

DSky Member

Waiting for an invoice. Should be all set later today. Rest assured it will be taken care of before the price increase.

Sorry I have been behind jumping on this. Amazon has kept me way too occupied.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  8. Skelnik

Skelnik Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree, 1 full size from the 65 last is the way to go.

9. Falu_al

Falu_al Well-Known Member

Just signed up, but i am not sure the difference between "natural" and antique. Do we have any pics to compare? I have the cheviot 2s already, and for those who are confused about sizing, the UK8.5E is the same length, yet slightly wider than US9D (i have the black fleece ones).

10. Falu_al

Falu_al Well-Known Member

Just singed up for the Dainite list, works perfectly here in rainy Hong Kong.

11. PCRL

PCRL Member

Signed up for Cheviot 2 too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Great! We need one more as someone droppe according to the spreadsheet. I think it was @boomer, if you confirm you are out that'd be great just in case your name was removed by someone by mistake.

Someone posted a picture of the Dundees with a natural welt a few pages back. According to Lauren when antique is requested it is brown.

13. mxgreen

mxgreen Well-Known Member

That's wonderful. We lost one yesterday so we are back to 10.

14. MSAINT

MSAINT Well-Known Member

For information purpose, as I did that for a friend, I thought this might interest someone here.: C&J 228 (Snowdon) & 325 (Coniston) compare

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO

[​IMG]
    GMTO Specs:
    Last: 325
    Width: E
    Color: Whisky
    Material: Shell Cordovan
    Eyelets: Blind/Hidden (TBD this is the current preference)
    Edges: Natural
    Welt: Storm
    Sole: JR Double Leather

Price with double JR soles:
    Price (Including VAT) - £665
    Price - (Excluding VAT) - £556.67 = about $691.12 (at current exchange rate)

Postage - This varies depending on where the customer is based. £30 to USA

Prices go up £25 March 1. We need to have full payment by the 28th to get in before that happens.

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO Spreadsheet

• 10/12 Signed up! Need two more! Unfortunately we lost some as we gained some so we are sitting at 10. Lets fill it up. I'm happy to continue the GMTO after the increase if there is interest.

16. jitkie

jitkie Member

Unfortunately it seems that the Whiskey Cheviot will not make the February 28 deadline. It is with much sadness that I forego my position in the GMTO. All the best and hope the GMTO succeeds.

17. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Are you withdrawing if/when we do not make the deadline or now regardless?

18. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

I know money doesn't grow on trees, but it almost seems silly to pull out of a GMTO just because the price will go from ~$691 to ~$717 USD. Percentage-wise it's a very small increase.

I do understand the bad taste it leaves in your mouth knowing the price could have been a tad lower. But still . . .

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  19. jitkie

jitkie Member

I am withdrawing immediately and have removed my name from the spreadsheet. I'm sorry to cause an inconvenience.

20. ltjaw

ltjaw Well-Known Member

Press on with the Cheviot, gents. Rather than consider the March 1 price increase, think of what a discount the exchange rate is giving us US customers compared to a few years ago. And consider the likelihood of finding an Alden longwing blucher in whiskey shell.