• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crap I'd have to dig through umpteen pages for Warlow 2.0 specs. Can someone please post and maybe it would be smart to confirm with Lauren Monday on the actual deets.

Last edited:

tkebh979

Reaction score
Crap I'd have to dig through umpteen pages for Warlow 2.0 specs. Can someone please post and maybe it would be smart to confirm with Lauren Monday on the actual deets.

Here's what went to Lauren (aggregated from the GMTO Spreadsheet):

Design: C&J for Ralph Lauren "Marlow" short wing derby
Uppers: Whisky Shell Cordovan (Horween)
Edge: Antique
Sole: Rendenbach soles
Welt: 360* Storm welt
Eyelets: Blind

-----

And from a previous email correspondence with her:
"For the welt stitching we tend to do this to the matching colour of the welt. Therefore in this case the sole unit will be brown therefore the welting would match to that, unless specified differently."

-----

So... given that we requested and antique edge, and didn't specify contrast stitching, the thread should closely match the welt.

UK is on Bank Holiday this Monday, will drop her a line on Tuesday as needed...

Last edited:

Faster

Reaction score
From Lauren

tkebh979

Reaction score
From Lauren

...great minds...

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually dig the contrast welt.

Very different.

Very Unique.

Here is actually the pic I sent them for inspiration:

4441167911_f604782c52.jpg

tkebh979

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, the Warlow:

My pictures aren't great, but they seem to capture the color (and the color gradient) decently well. Unfortunately, they're a hair big. Even more unfortunately, it's just heel slip, and it feels perfect everywhere else; the 8.5 would probably be uncomfortable. Guess I'll have to try an insole.

Gosh, those are slick. So this is how it looks, pre-patina?

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score

Ladies and gentlemen, the Warlow:

My pictures aren't great, but they seem to capture the color (and the color gradient) decently well. Unfortunately, they're a hair big. Even more unfortunately, it's just heel slip, and it feels perfect everywhere else; the 8.5 would probably be uncomfortable. Guess I'll have to try an insole.

Dang. Those look incredible!

tkebh979

Reaction score
I actually dig the contrast welt.

Very different.

Very Unique.

Here is actually the pic I sent them for inspiration:

4441167911_f604782c52.jpg

Agreed - especially in that case, where the eye is drawn to the latitudinal lines from the pinking, to the stitching of the lower panel, and down to the welt stitching.
fistbump.gif

I can appreciate that they look good and that others prefer the contrast (heck, the uber GYW co from WI is going all-in this fall)... just saying that for the environment in which I plan to wear them, whisky cordovan alone is the edge of the style envelope.

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed - especially in that case, where the eye is drawn to the latitudinal lines from the pinking, to the stitching of the lower panel, and down to the welt stitching.
fistbump.gif

I can appreciate that they look good and that others prefer the contrast (heck, the uber GYW co from WI is going all-in this fall)... just saying that for the environment in which I plan to wear them, whisky cordovan alone is the edge of the envelope.

Where do you live?

(If you don't mind me asking of course)

SteveL91

Reaction score

Gosh, those are slick.  So this is how it looks, pre-patina?

Thanks for all the kind words - my pictures don't really do them justice.

I was expecting them to be a bit darker as Watchman said, but I'm not at all displeased. I don't plan on using much, if any, polish on my shell shoes, but I think the toe will darken a bit more with wear/brushing/conditioning (I favor Bick 4 as it seems to be the gentlest of the ones I've tried). Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how the patina and gradient develop.

Fwiw, these are a hair darker than Allen Edmonds' walnut.

100 yrs

Reaction score

Yea, I've never owned C&J, but I couldn't pass up the Lindrick or the Warlow. The sizing advice was damn good, but obviously not perfect. With the Warlow, I really don't think the 8.5 would have felt comfortable: I think it would have been too tight in the forefoot. The Lindrick, despite being the same size, doesn't give me any heel slip. It just feels a bit big if I force my foot forward, but it's not like I'm walking out of them. With the Warlow, the heel slip means it's unwearable until I get an insole, or try thicker socks.

I should note that I have narrowish, rather low-volume feet, so my sizing tends to be weird. For example, a 9D on the Alden Barrie fits well, but the 9.5 gives me a ton of heel slip. On the other hand, the 9UK (which I've heard maps to a 10US) on Bonafe's 363MOD is too small, but thankfully, not small enough to make the boots unwearable.

I have a similar issue, low volume foot with narrow heels. C&j has worked so much better for me than Alden. The Barrie last is basically unwearable for me due to the wide, shallow heel cup. Haven't had a chance to test the dundees much yet (my first on 335 last) as it's been too hot. The 341 last fits me pretty great though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics