1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

You can get them ordered through the factory. I think it is an extra GBP40 and will add a few weeks to your wait time. The whole group does not have to participate.

1 person likes this.
  2. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

I believe in the past it's been one by one basis, with an individual up charge.

1 person likes this.
  3. ltjaw

ltjaw Well-Known Member

I wear the Cardigan 4 in size UK 9E. They fit well with the addition of a tongue pad. What size should I take in the 325?

4. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

I don't personally have experience with the 335 but I believe people take the same as their 325.

5. ltjaw

ltjaw Well-Known Member

I have read mixed things, some saying to take the same size, others saying to go up a half size for the 325. I have sent an inquiry to the mail order dept. at C&J (I have previously ordered from Ms. Searle). I am considering joining the whisky Cheviot GMTO.

6. Caligula77

Caligula77 Well-Known Member

Straight from the horse's mouth..

https://www.crockettandjones.com/last-guide/

7. ScarsdaleVibe

ScarsdaleVibe Well-Known Member

For my whiskey Cheviots on 325 I went down a full size from US TTS and they're perfect.

8. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

Yes it is a special order.

9. ltjaw

ltjaw Well-Known Member

"Fitting advice from retail… Last 325 will fit true to size along with 314, 335 and 341." From the horse's mouth.

Ms. Searle put me in a 9E UK on the 335 (the right choice) knowing my US size is a 10.5C or D. This leaves me uncertain of the fitting advice on their website. Perhaps I should interpret it as saying to keep the same size between the 325 and 335 lasts?

10. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

U looking for Warlow BNIB EU 8.5E. PM. JR soles and all.

11. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

Lindrick recent run UK 8.5E. BNIB PM

12. Skelnik

Skelnik Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

GMTO Specs:
    Last: 325
    Width: E
    Color: Dark Brown
    Material: Shell Cordovan
    Eyelets: Blind/Hidden
    Edges: Antique
    Welt: Storm
    Sole: JR Double Leather

This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips except that there will be no wheeling on the edges as the factory will not do that.

All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped.

Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.

There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.

Price:
    If everyone pays before March 1st: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615)
    If anyone pays after March 1st: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640)

Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations)

Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet

Updates:

• Status: ONLY NEED 1 MORE! We currently have 11 committed so far plus 1 backup. We have a great chance of getting these before the price increase!

• Email Addresses: Please PM me with your email address if you have not done so already so that I have that ready for Lauren when she needs to contact everyone for their size, payment, etc.

• Metal tips: Metal toe tips can be added on an individual basis. If anyone is interested just let Lauren know before you pay and she will adjust the price for you. Please note that this will increase the delivery date by an additional 2 weeks for anyone who adds this to their order.

Thank you to everyone involved. We just need 1 more to get this closed out.

13. Skelnik

Wish they were my size chipshot. The shoes you part with are always so nice.

14. Skelnik

Yes, I confirmed with Lauren that this can be done on an individual basis.

1 person likes this.
  15. Skelnik

[​IMG]

GMTO Specs:
    Color: Dark Brown
    Eyelets: Blind/Hidden
    Edges: Antique

This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips except that there will be no wheeling on the edges as the factory will not do that.

All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped.

Metal toe tips can be added on an individual basis. If anyone is interested just let Lauren know before you pay and she will adjust the price for you. Please note that this will increase the delivery date by an additional 2 weeks for anyone who adds this to their order.

Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.

There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.

Please PM me with your email address if you have not done so already so that I have that ready for Lauren when she needs to contact everyone for their size, payment, etc.

Price:
    If everyone pays before March 1st: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615)
    If anyone pays after March 1st: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640)

Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations)

Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet

Updates:

• Status: We've reached 12! We currently have all 12 committed so far plus 1 backup. I will be submitting everyone's email address to Lauren to get this order started. I have the email address of most of the participants but am still waiting on a few. I have sent PMs directly to those members so hopefully we can get that completed by the end of the day.

• Backups: If you are still interested in this GMTO but not included in the initial 12 please add your name to the backup section as there is still a chance someone will drop off. Also, if there are enough backups a second run of this GMTO can be pursued.

1 person likes this.
  16. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO

[​IMG]
    GMTO Specs:
    Color: Whisky
    Eyelets: Blind/Hidden (TBD this is the current preference)
    Edges: Natural

Price with double JR soles:
    Price (Including VAT) - £665
    Price - (Excluding VAT) - £556.67 = about $691.12 (at current exchange rate)

Postage - This varies depending on where the customer is based. £30 to USA

Prices go up £25 March 1. We need to have full payment by the 28th to get in before that happens.

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO Spreadsheet

• Currently sitting at 10 signed up and 1 lurker/backup. Assuming everyone interested would like to sneak this in before the prices go up please PM me your contact information so that as soon as we have 12 I can get it over to Lauren. Unless JR double soles are a deal breaker we will go with that vs regular double soles. Based on the signups it will be blind eyelets. 2 more lets do it!

17. smuj

smuj Active Member

So close for the Whiskey Cheviot. 2 more. Here is another pic that will hopefully convert a couple of dithering soles.

[​IMG]

Can I ask also, I notice there is a preference for a natural welt, do we have a picture reference (not necessarily on a Cheviot) for what this will look like? I have bought a few Tricker's natural welts and they are so bright you need sunglasses on and look a bit 'fashionable' (which I do not like on expensive shoes). I can always have them dyed darker (or try to calm them with polish) so not a deal breaker, but would be best to all make the best decision to start with. (I think the welt in the above pic looks spot on as it is a shade darker than the Whiskey)

Am sure a C&J natural welt would not be as brash as a Tricker's so am probably fussing about nothing. But a pic reference would be reassuring.

18. Wesley Crusher

Wesley Crusher Well-Known Member

This is what the natural edge looks like.

[​IMG]

19. smuj

smuj Active Member

Thanks for that. Its OK but I prefer the darker welts. But looks like I am in a minority for the Whiskey Cheviot. I will go with the majority.

20. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Lets hope we can get 2 more in and pay! Would hate to see this fall.