• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spend a bit of the holiday regretting I didn't get in on this order LOL.

Looking for a little advice at how Meermin's Hiro compares to C&J 325/341 .... I thought there would be a chance that someone from this thread would know ... Worth a shot!

You and me both, pal. If anyone is entertaining the thought of organizing another run of these, I'd be in.

CTBrummie

Reaction score

No updates as far as I'm aware of. I am so ready for this boot. Shame the Christmas miracle didn't play out, hopefully it'll be a January miracle?

The factory is on its Christmas shut-down at the moment, anyway, and I think they reopen on Monday 6 January.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Interesting pics of scotchgrain #8 shell today on the Alden thread. I wonder if C&J can get a pebbled version of their burgundy shell... If so, a Lindrick in pebbled burgundy shell might be a very interesting boot.

Awwww man. I am smitten with those boots! I'll take a Skye2 in scotch grain #8 shell, please!

aldenfan

Reaction score
What about either:

1. Gianni brown cordovan with some type of mini commando or dainite sole
Or,

1. Lindrick brown cordovan with either leather or mini dainite sole

Also, another idea is a brown cordoan balmoral shoe. Does C&J do any good ones?

aldenfan

Reaction score
Just curious: has anyone heard of any updates from Lauren? I think the original estimate was 8-10 weeks and it has been 8 weeks I believe. I just sent her an email to see if she has any updates on where they might be in the process.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
When dealing with MTOs, always add at least 50% to any estimated completion time.
Then try not to think about it too much.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if these are here before March.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When dealing with MTOs, always add at least 50% to any estimated completion time.
Then try not to think about it too much.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if these are here before March.

Excellent advice.

Although an exact time frame maybe nice, luckily for most here they are able to get by with what they already have in the meantime.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I broke a key tendon in my left foot causing me to rethink last 341. Recently acquired shell cordovan burgundy Ashdown UK 8.5E last 341 with light wear and am on the MTO Whiskey shell cordovan boot last 341 same size, set to arrive soon. PM me if interested. So bummed I have to unwind from these beauties. I just don't see how I can make them work. Broke the foot running repeats in racing flats on the roads. My body just won't hold up anymore to this training any longer. Looks like I'll be biking some:nodding: I will probably list the Ashdown PTB's tomorrow in classified. As for the Whiskey MTO boots! they should be here sometime the next 8 weeks.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Serious bummer! Sounds like it must have been a pretty serious injury?!

Serious enough to take me out of the competitive and recreational running game forever, in short ... I am devastated .. Was seeded for NYC Marathon on the right coast, Bay To Breakers on the left coast .. and other key races here in the US over the past years. I WAS one of the better Masters Runners in the West. Game over .. Sucks not to mention a refreaking tool of choice footwear.

Last edited:

aldenfan

Reaction score
Wow, I already got a reply back from Lauren:

"The Factory is currently closed until Monday however I did speak to them just before Christmas in regards to this order and they said that it should be mid-January.

When they re-open I will be able to get an exact date for you and will let you know."

While it would have been awesome to have them sooner, I completely expected they would take at least this long so I'm not surprised. Top-notch response and service though so even though it may be a bit before we get them, I am really happy with C&J and their responsiveness.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ I can't wait to see these and at the same time I do not want to see these. I wish I would have started tuning into this thread sooner.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Agree. Wish I'd taken the plunge. I'm happy for you guys - I figured that Feb/March would be the time and didn't have the patience to put down the cash and wait that long. My bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads