1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by hoit1981, Sep 16, 2013.

1. IGotId

IGotId Well-Known Member

Any interest in a GMTO of a navy shell SWB on the 240 last (the BB Peal SWB), similar to this:

[​IMG]

(pic courtesy of Gabru)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  2. sacMonkey

sacMonkey New Member

I'm counting 5 and 5 for eyelets vs. 4X4, I would prefer 4 eyelets and 4 speed hooks. Does anyone who voted majority want to take a side?

3. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

I'm hoping it's the same thing, as I don't want my sole edge to be lighter than the stock Marlow. I'll try to verify this with Lauren.

4. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Sounds good, thanks. Normally I like a lighter sol edge on alughter shoe, but not everyone does and it is not a big deal.

5. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

Same here. Being dark brown, I don't want too light of a sole. My though was that the stock Marlow sole edge is what C&J considered "antique". If so, we'll go with antique. If they consider that color something else, then I will likely change that spec in the MTO to that color, pending the group's opinion.

6. BackInTheJox

Oh I agree. Dark brown Lindrick should definitely have the stock Marlow/Lindrick edge.

The Whiskey Marlow should have a lighter one, but that's just one man's opinion.

7. Faster

Faster Well-Known Member

Without the storm welt these look fantastic !

8. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

Specs for the Warlow were light antique edge with contrast welt stitch...

9. BackInTheJox

Excellent, thank you.

10. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

It's not just the flat welt that's different from the Marlow SWB. It's also a different last, 240 (vs 325), which to me at least, is a different looking last.

11. BackInTheJox

It has a sleeker look (the 240). There's a guy on youtube (maybe it's one of you?) who has a video comparing the Marlow and the BB 240 lasted shoe. I like his videos, he's got a lot of shoes/boots I wish I had!

12. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

When the first models on the 240 last began to hit the bricks I thought that I liked the 240 better than 325.

After wearing both models for quite some time now, I concluded that I do indeed like the 325 better.

CJ 325 is one of the best lasts I have ever worn from any maker.

Thanks.

13. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

I agree. The 240 may be a bit sleeker but does not work for my foot as well as the 325. I also like the extra height in the toe box on the 325, both for fit and aesthetics.

14. BackInTheJox

325 is a great last, both fit and aesthetics. Love it.

15. sacMonkey

sacMonkey New Member

I'm seeing 5 for eyelets and 5 for 4x4 on the spreadsheet. I would really prefer speed hooks on my boots but I will go with the majority, can luisnkh or kwhitelaw chime in and state a preference?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  16. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

Since it was 5 and 5 (with the other 2 not caring either way), I took the liberty to go with my preference, as the organizer of this MTO (not to mention creator of the MTO spreadsheet) [​IMG].

Is that acceptable?

17. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

In addition, the original Lindrick boot was all eyelets. That was the other reason I went with eyelets when I saw that it was a 5-5 split.

18. louisnkh

louisnkh Member

if you want me make a choice, i would prefer all eyelets

19. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

LINDRICK MTO UPDATE

@mosy
    @louisnkh
    @bcloudy
    @kwhitelaw
    @stephenaf2003
    @Vincent Chanal
    @rssmsvc
    @KPDarb
    @JayDotz
    @IGotId
    @mrsolitonwave
    @sacMonkey
    @BackInTheJox

Hi all. There are 13 members listed above. I heard back from 11 of you (including myself) with confirmation that you are still in. There are 2 who I haven't heard back from yet. One is @sacMonkey but he added himself to the list pretty recently and also posted on the forum just a few days ago regarding this MTO. So I'm pretty confident he is still in (but if you can PM me your confirmation anyway I would appreciate it). There is one more member who has not posted about this MTO recently, and has not responded to my request for confirmation just yet. How much time should I give him before we exclude him, as we do seem to have 12 others? (If he does respond that he is in, @bcloudy has graciously offered to give up his spot.)

Lauren did get back to me today - indeed she was off last week. She requested that we begin emailing her individually beginning next week Monday, as she is backlogged from being away. (I'm sure it would be ok to do it over the weekend, as she will get your emails when she comes in on Monday. I'll try to send out reminders over the weekend to each of you. In the meantime I will be sending her a list of the 12 final members (once finalized - hopefully today). I will be using your Style Forum usernames since I don't know most of your real names. Therefore when you do email her, make sure to include your SF username so she knows to connect you to this MTO.

@stephenaf2003 (and anyone else who is interested): Flush metal toe taps will cost an additional 40 GBP (aprox. $52 using the current exchange rate). You will need to specify that you want them when you are emailing your size and mailing info.

@rssmsvc - unfortunately choosing the color of the interior lining is not an available option.

Post or PM me with any questions.

I'm excited!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  20. mrsolitonwave

mrsolitonwave Member

thanks for organizing this @mosy !