1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones Mitchell monkstraps

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Loudly, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Loudly

Loudly Well-Known Member

Have any of you encountered these previously? I just bought them at the sale. Nice shoes but not something I'd ever seen before.

Wondering if they are a C&J Paris shoe, a new one (I assume not since they are on sale), or just run-of-the mill that doesn't get seen very often. They are handgrades.

Will post a pic when I get a chance.

2. Loudly

Loudly Well-Known Member

The photo:

[​IMG]

Apologies for the camera phone quality.

3. sammy

sammy Well-Known Member

Are those on the 337 handgrade last?

4. Loudly

Loudly Well-Known Member

Good question. It's not indicated inside the shoe (at least not in a way I can interpret).

IIRC the Weymouth is on the 337, and my Weymouths are not the same shape as these. These seem pointier.

I don't have that much information about them, frankly, which is why I posted.

5. kraftar

kraftar Well-Known Member

I've never seen them and I can't find them in the 2009 Catalogue. Could that be the 348 last? They seem to use it for alot of their Monks.

6. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

looks to be on the 348 last.

I don't see what's so special about this monkstrap, other than on a different last.

7. Loudly

Loudly Well-Known Member

Certainly similar to the 348, but assumed they weren't since I've only ever seen the 348 on "benchgrade" shoes. Didn't do a side-by-side with my Tetbury's etc.

Sort of nice that people haven't encountered these before. A little extra exclusivity...

Lee, nothing too exciting other than that they are not the usual catalogue item. But good looking shoes IMO.

8. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

IIRC the Weymouth is on the 337, and my Weymouths are not the same shape as these. These seem pointier.

+1

9. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

10. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

Me like; very nice.

11. Loudly

Loudly Well-Known Member

Zippy -- does look like a non-boot version of those, but with the handgrade-type leather soles rather than dainite. Interesting to see "348" in pen on yours.