1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

so they are too small?

2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Simply put, the heel opening is too large.

3. hikari013

hikari013 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that you're wrong about the heel, but I've found that the double leather sole is very stiff and unwilling to bend. This led to some heel slippage in my pair while I broke them in which has gone away now that the sole has gotten more flexible. But YMMV.

4. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Haha, and you know, there is a possibly that you are indeed correct. I am simply at an irritating point in regards to purchasing shoes, in that none of them fit the way I would like. My alden's for example slipped in the heel when I got them and still slip when broken in. My AE's are too wide in the lower heel area, and do not slip as much, but result in blisters. I have tried tongue pads, heel grippers, etc. The result is that I have no "SF approved" shoes I can wear an entire day without issue, which has lead to some (I admit it) paranoia on my part. I love all my choices, but despite the fit. Hence, I resolved to get rid of what I have an start over focusing on one shoe at a time and attempting to visit the places people on SF said had "great shoe fitters" such as Nick at Moulded Shoe.

5. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

Anybody know where I can find Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Chukka Cordovan in US 9.5/UK 9? I did find this Ralph Lauren Collection Men's Enville Chukka DWS for $279 calf. I can't do these because I need double leather soles for my bony feet, but they look really decent. Says American Made ....

6. razl

razl Well-Known Member

7. chipshot

8. razl

razl Well-Known Member

While I wasn't in the hunt this time - I love B&S when I win, I hate it when I lose.

9. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Marlows today:
    [​IMG]

Finally broke in the double leather sole, pretty comfy now except a tiny bit of heel slip

10. Naka

Naka Well-Known Member

If anyone has a shoe in the Marlow range or the Lindrick in a UK10 for sale, PM me. Most of my interest is aimed towards a penny/tassell loafer, but wingtip offers are welcome too!

11. LeJouvre

LeJouvre Well-Known Member

Florida, USA ; New zealand; Hong Kong; Singapore
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  12. LeJouvre

LeJouvre Well-Known Member

Florida, USA ; New zealand; Hong Kong; Singapore
    Anyone wanting a 10% discount on Ralph Lauren on line might want to use code BZR8233

I believe the code will work for Marlows as well

13. pikachoo

pikachoo Well-Known Member

for those looking for the Lindrick boot in size US10, I have a pair for sale.. might need to return them in a few days so contact me asap if you're interested

14. sportin_life

sportin_life Well-Known Member

Hi, how much for the Lindricks in size 10? Thanks!

15. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for that scenario. That's great news!

16. hikari013

hikari013 Well-Known Member

+1

Awesome.

17. chipshot

Does anybody know of a good cobbler in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area who does recessed metal taps. I sent a couple pair of Marrlows back to Crocett & Jones NY to have done and they charge $60 per pair. Then you have the long wait with shipping back and forth with additional shipping costs/insurance.

I call local cobblers and ask if they do recessed or flush mounted metal taps and they don't have a clue as to what I am talking about. I hear Nicky B or V's NYC is around $35 a pair.

Crockett & Jones use a tap called a LULU from France I believe and they don't have to cut the toe stitching. Help! Even an LA guy would work better than NY.

18. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Well-Known Member

19. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

20. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Well-Known Member

I'm a perfect 11.5 D on the AE 5 last. Not sure if these would be too big. Worth a shot? I guess we'll see how high the price goes.