1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Their London flagship has it.

2. Skelnik

Skelnik Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip!

3. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

4. Webbo

Webbo Well-Known Member

Today they where £630 a pair including VAT!!

5. Skelnik

Do you know if they are they labeled in US or UK sizing or both?

6. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

UK sizing.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  7. Webbo

Webbo Well-Known Member

I can throw a little light on the matter, but also muddy the waters. The sizes are indeed listed on the box as US, U.K. and European. However I am now a touch confused as today I bought a pair, I am a bang on U.K. Size 10 in the Pembroke and other C&J shoes on the 325 last but for these I had to go with the one labeled US10.5, UK 9.5. The US 11, UK 10 I tried on were too big, not just in Length too but in Width also. These are labeled as an E width, I think this means US E width not U.K. E. These even on the U.K. 9.5 are wider than my Pembroke UK10 E width.

In conclusion my firm view is that the Marlow Wingtip from RL is definitely 0.5 UK size bigger than the U.K. size shown on the box, so a U.K. 10 RL Marlow designation is actually a U.K. Size 10.5 when compared to other U.K. C&J 325 lasted shoes. Also I believe that the marking of E width on the box corresponds to a U.K. F width, again comparing to the Pembroke etc. maybe they are a true US E fitting.

I tried on the larger and smaller sizes in the shop and they all fell into this sizing model. Funnily enough my other C&J U.K. purchased 325 shoes on a size 10 UK with a designated E width are all just a touch tight so these I Marlows I have now are actually perfect with the little bit of extra width.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Skelnik

^ Thank you for the information.

I hope there is an adoption of some kind of international sizing in the near future. With the global interconnectivity of markets these days this seems glaringly antiquated.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Very helpful. Do they have an email, or does one have to call? Assume they will ship internationally?

10. Vincent Chanal

Vincent Chanal Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have got the same clue than you. I have bought my Marlow in France and it is a 8US E/ 7UK. Actually it size like a 7.5UK to me but roomy enough ( size usualy 8UK E with C&J 325 last).
    Compared to my Lindrick on 8UK E (C&J GMTO), it looks the same lenght but with a larger fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.