1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

Would've kopped the Marlow loafers if they had my size...

2. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Ahhh yes. Reordered the Tassels. Still waiting for the original order to show up.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ +1. It pays to come into work at 6am :D

4. Calikid

Calikid Well-Known Member

Namor,
    Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed a pair of the tassels. I am not normally a fan of of tassels but to get a pair of shell cordovans for $303 plus tax.... AWESOME.

By the way I see you were asking about getting a Horween leather stamp inside the shoes? I just received a pair of Beefroll penny loafers form Rancourt in Shell #8 and it both left and right shoes had the Horween stamp. What are the odds?

5. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Well-Known Member

how do the marlow tassles fit?

6. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

Luckily picked up the Marlow loafers last night before the extra discount and they adjusted the price for me after a simple call.

7. cioni2k

cioni2k Well-Known Member

Picked up a pair of Marlow loafers off SF the other day in 8.5s and for whatever reason they were too snug. Ended up sellin them. To my surprise I see 9D's available for $303 shipped. You can bet I jumped on that :slayer::slayer::slayer: Now I just need PTBs to complete the RL Cordovan trifecta (Sorry tassels.... you ugly)

8. g.michael

g.michael Well-Known Member

Just saw that crazy price on the tassels--have the wings, ptb and pennies. For $303 I'll try the tassles thank you very much!
    Will be interesting to see how they fit as there seems to be no definitive answer on what last they are on. If they the fit is between the wings and the pennies they will be perfect, otherwise may be a no go. But it will at least be fun trying!:slayer:

9. rennavate

How does the American sizing work? I wear 8E UK in 325- and 337-lasted C&J shoes, so would I go for 8.5 or 9 US? And now I'm really bummed the Marlow loafers are gone in those sizes...

10. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

11. rennavate

12. forex

forex Well-Known Member

Just picked up my PTBs from the store, they had it on hold for me. Out of 5 or so RL cordovans, they are my favorite. I think they can even be worn with suits and I don't like to wear bluchers with suits, even thinking to get another pair. Also, there are more things in the store that are not online, some decent ties, more shirts, etc.

13. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

Can someone educate me on the significance of Horween stamps?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  14. Reborn

Reborn Well-Known Member

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

if anyone got lindricks in size 8.5 and dont want htem hit me up asap

also i ordered the tassels in brown (cigar) cordovan ... worth getting the black too? such a good price at 303

16. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Well-Known Member

The hides are stamped before cutting. You probably have a stamp in your shoe somewhere, but only the exposed unlined areas would allow it to be visible.

I've seen Horween stamps on the back of shell shoes for at least 8 years.

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

No problem, sir. I'm glad you were able to grab yourself a pair. Yeah I appreciate the Horween stamp because I don't get it very often. I've owned about 50 pairs of shell shoes and got the stamp only a handful of times. Like pebblegrain mentioned unlined loafer feature the stamp more regularly. We're your loafers unlined? The stamp is much more common on unlined loafers. In either case, it sounds like you are set I the loafer dept :fonz:

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

:fu: received an email from rl.com staying that my order will be sent incomplete due because they are out of stock. Eff

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

^ sucks bro was that for the tassels?

i received my 8.5 tassels today and they look the same as the 8.5 pennys, but i am getting a lot of heel slippage in them that i dont with the pennys. even considering going down to size 8 but logic would say that is too small since i am a normal 9 brannock

i know someone mentioned that overtime and wear, the loafers will fit better ... can anyone else confirm this?

20. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

I've wondered about the out of stock/restocked/back in stock gyrations. Makes me think that they sometimes have glitches in what they show being available on the site.