• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my dior 19cm mij fit

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
There isn't a magic number. The only key is be slim. Diors look best on slim people. You know if you're slim or not. Saying "athletic", "muscle", or "average" build doesn't cut it. If you're not a slim guy, pick a new jean unless you want them to be real tight on you.

Shut up ghetto booty.

sayocean

Reaction score
not to hijack the thread.. but heres my dior fit. I'm 5'4 140. I know, i failed. But I'm gonna see how they turn out
diorfit.jpg
diorfitback.jpg

Orange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sayocean
not to hijack the thread.. but heres my dior fit. I'm 5'4 140. I know, i failed. But I'm gonna see how they turn out

diorfit.jpg
diorfitback.jpg

He's not 6' but I think the inseam looks pretty good. There are other things but I'll let someone else handle that.

sayocean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orange
He speaks the truth.

He's not 6' but I think the inseam looks pretty good. There are other things but I'll let someone else handle that.

go ahead, im here to learn, any criticism/comments/advice would be appreciated

Orange

Reaction score
go ahead, im here to learn, any criticism/comments/advice would be appreciated

How are you able to put them on? It looks painful beyond belief both in the thighs and also **********. If you wear them everyday for a month I'm sure they'll stretch out and look "better" but 2 other things to concern yourself with:

1.) the crotch area of the jeans may blow out

2.) it's going to be damn painful but I guess that's what you have to sacrifice for slim jeans.

sayocean

Reaction score
To be honest, these are pretty comfy, no pain at all. If anything, people have been telling me that I should've sized down.
3016554032_e05575877e_o.jpg
this is how I first wore them, sagged.

Orange

Reaction score
To be honest, these are pretty comfy, no pain at all. If anything, people have been telling me that I should've sized down.

It looks pretty tight on the thighs in your earlier pics. But judging from your most recent pics I'm not sure 19cm are for you or maybe you just have to size down 1-2.

remn

Reaction score

you rock them better than I do at least. Strange the leg doesn't seem that tapered at all compared to mine. I look like im wearing skinny ass jeans and yours look normal. And you're 5'4"... Actually I think it may be that you're so short the stacking at the heel is creating the illusion of a fuller lower leg.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But I never said tall in my post; you said it. I said you could hem them if the jeans are too long.

The top block is too big for short people. That can't be hemmed.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the post people wearing Dior thread now?
2680959206_2d89b3dbb0.jpg

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
btw...i was joking about sizing down. your current pair look too tight in the thighs, although I suppose they could stretch to accomodate. i would suggest another cut, but if you like them go with it.

Orange

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
The top block is too big for short people. That can't be hemmed.

the top block is smaller for smaller sizes obviously.

Doessing92

Reaction score
Originally Posted by remn
Got my raw 19cm mij diors in the mail today. tight as **** though; when I sit down I feel like circulation to me feet is being cut off. I'm considering selling and getting the 21cm cut.

[EDIT]: New Pics (fully buttoned at waist--was sagging before), New Stats

Stats:
5'10 -- 140lb -- 31w -- 7.5x6" (for label king)

DSC08131.jpg
DSC08132.jpg

imo they're alright..
I would porrbably pull them down a little bit..but im not sure if thats your style

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads