1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Critique my dior 19cm mij fit

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by remn, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Babar

Babar Well-Known Member

I believe they stretch out quite a bit. I'm not 100% sure on how much the thighs stretch though, and would be curious to hear (I've seen thigh measurements between 9.5 and 12 on 29s...)

Well I have a couple of pairs of this jean, in two sizes; the first were a 31 which were really tight to begin with, and the latest pair is a 32 which were comfortable (but not loose) in the waist from the get go. I'm much more happy with the fit of the second pair as they really have that 'trademark' DH antifit look. The 31s have stretched a lot in the waist over the last year, and they definitely look good, but they just had a crotch blowout too.

DH jeans will stretch a lot if you buy them tight, but as I see it it's better to just get ones that look good from the start. Then they won't stretch much if at all in the thighs either. YMMV of course. It's a pretty versatile cut after all, and I've even seen them look pretty cool when worn a size up too.

2. remn

remn Well-Known Member

Well I have a couple of pairs of this jean, in two sizes; the first were a 31 which were really tight to begin with, and the latest pair is a 32 which were comfortable (but not loose) in the waist from the get go. I'm much more happy with the fit of the second pair as they really have that 'trademark' DH antifit look. The 31s have stretched a lot in the waist over the last year, and they definitely look good, but they just had a crotch blowout too.

DH jeans will stretch a lot if you buy them tight, but as I see it it's better to just get ones that look good from the start. Then they won't stretch much if at all in the thighs either. YMMV of course. It's a pretty versatile cut after all, and I've even seen them look pretty cool when worn a size up too.

Thanks for the advice. I sized down 2 as per sufu recommendations. Some of them were sizing down 3 and shit. I probably should have realized that everyone there is stick thin. My biggest concern with sizing more appropriately to my true was was that the waist would stretch to a point where I wouldn't be able to wear them.

i.e. I am a true sz 31, so if I got 30's I wouldn't want them to stretch in the waist to 32/33. The thighs were definitely much smaller than I anticipated though. Do you think I should try to get some 21cm?

3. Optimas

Optimas Active Member

There is no fixed recipe for stretching. I have an quite a few MIJ 19cms, all bought as exactly the same pair of jeans in the same size, some seem to stretch much more than others. Somewhat strange.

I think the size should be ok. 19 vs 21 is a matter of preference more than anything else; I've yet to find any suitable uses for my 21s. I guess it depends on what sort of outfit you're wearing them with.

4. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

Size up, they aren't going to stretch enough.

5. username79

username79 Well-Known Member

Are you guys gay? Why would you want your jeans to be that tight? To the OP, I'd size up.

6. why

why Well-Known Member

You're not tall enough for Dior. If you aren't 6' tall, don't bother. You need to be 6' and under 155 for 19cm and under 170 for 21cm.

What does homosexuality have to do with tight jeans?

7. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Are you guys gay? Why would you want your jeans to be that tight? To the OP, I'd size up.

You really shouldn't comment if you've never owned diors. That's like telling people to get their true size in APCs. The jeans are very similar to APC and will stretch at least 2 inches in the waist.

19cm diors generally look better on people with a smaller waist < 32 waist and a slim build. Your height and weight numbers are meaningless. The inseam is long for stacking and you could always hem them if there is too much stack.

8. brohymn

brohymn Well-Known Member

Looks like you sized them right. You're not really built for 19cms it looks like (at least to have them fit like they are supposed to). Don't size up and don't buy 21cms. It's up to you whether or not you want you like your 19cm fit. Personally I think they look all right, but for $300+ they should look fucking on point.

Seriously though, stop beasting over Diors. There are many jeans out there that cost less and will look better on you. The only reason they were so popular is because of a fit that it doesn't seem like you'll be able to pull off anyways.

9. remn

remn Well-Known Member

Looks like you sized them right. You're not really built for 19cms it looks like (at least to have them fit like they are supposed to).

jc, what would constitute a dior build?

Agreed.

Yeah exactly. I bought them for the fit, and if there's a high chance it's not going to be bomb, I'm not sure I'm willing to take a $300 risk to find out if they will over time. Any recs for other denims?

10. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

Those are one or two sizes too small.

I've never understood the appeal of Dior's cut (is it just the anti-fit?), so I don't have suggestions for other similar jeans.

11. why

why Well-Known Member

19cm diors generally look better on people with a smaller waist < 32 waist and a slim build. Your height and weight are meaningless.

People that are tall and weigh very little ARE slim.

12. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

People that are tall and weigh very little ARE slim.

But I never said tall in my post; you said it. I said you could hem them if the jeans are too long.

13. brohymn

brohymn Well-Known Member

jc, what would constitute a dior build?
    I don't want to come off as an authoritarian on this shit or anything, but I think that it would look something like this: [​IMG] [​IMG] (not talking about the fit, but his build. Basically a skinny, lanky dude). Even though I hate Kodiak I think his Dior fit is pretty damn good.
    I'll let someone else more knowledgeable field that question. Just FYI i've owned and re-sold 4 different pairs of Diors before coming to the realization that I was being an idiot and beasting over Diors. All I wanted was to look like the dudes on sufu [​IMG]

14. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Well-Known Member

I always thought this was how they're supposed to fit. (these are diors right?) [​IMG]

15. remn

remn Well-Known Member

I guess I could stop lifting, stop eating, and grow 4 inches.

nah (not that I could grow 4 inches if I wanted to).

16. mongo615

mongo615 Well-Known Member

I'm a 21cm fan--never understood the 19cm thing. They don't look bad, but I'd size up, if you want to sag.

17. 8bpc

8bpc Well-Known Member

You're not tall enough for Dior. If you aren't 6' tall, don't bother. You need to be 6' and under 155 for 19cm and under 170 for 21cm.

I'm wondering, in addition to lanky... what would be the maximum circumference of ones thighs that would work for a proper Dior fit?

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

There isn't a magic number. The only key is be slim. Diors look best on slim people. You know if you're slim or not. Saying &quot;athletic&quot;, &quot;muscle&quot;, or &quot;average&quot; build doesn't cut it. If you're not a slim guy, pick a new jean unless you want them to be real tight on you.

19. Jokerman

Jokerman Well-Known Member

Thank god im 116 pounds.........

20. 8bpc

8bpc Well-Known Member

I ask because you have slim people with pencil legs and slim people with legs that taper from the thigh.