• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

riraito

Reaction score
so i guess they don't make a size small enough for me (5'7" 145 lbs)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
Do you know specifically that they won't do wool (Pendleton)?

Nope they won't do the wool, only what is on that page.

Originally Posted by sonicreducer
so i just went and checked out the CDW parka's at dave's quality meats and my first impression was that these things run HUGE. i asked to see a large, as that's what i wear in EG, WWM, J. Crew, etc. and the dude told me that i would need a medium. the medium was too big, but the small fit fine. i am 6'3" 195-200 lbs, btw.

the parka itself was nice. i understand that it's made in the USA, and that it has some nice little details, but i still found myself having a hard time wrapping my head around the $350 (after tax) price tag. if i run into some extra cash, i might grab one as i don't see these selling out anytime soon.

Are you talking about the 60/40 that is on sw for 310? I'm very interested to hear when they started carrying the line and how did you know they had them?

sonicreducer

Reaction score
i'm not familiar with how CDW sizing is TYPICALLY. for all i know, this particular run of jackets made for DQM ran big. however, if the sizes at the shop WERE typical, i would say that unless you like your jackets quite loose, you will be out of luck.

not trying to be a dick, but you might want to look into what the have in children's sizes .. you never know

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Nope they won't do the wool, only what is on that page.

Are you talking about the 60/40 that is on sw for 310? I'm very interested to hear when they started carrying the line.

yep, DQM has the 60/40 in two colorways, tan/blaze orange and navy/forest green. retail was $320. these dropped today and it seems as though it's just a special, one-time collaboration, so don't expect to see much else from CDW at the shop.

here's some more info on the jackets, including pictures, in case anyone wasn't in "the know:"

http://www.hyrcollective.com/daily-b...works-for-dqm/

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
, but the small fit fine. i am 6'3" 195-200 lbs, btw. the parka itself was nice. i understand that it's made in the USA, and that it has some nice little details, but i still found myself having a hard time wrapping my head around the $350 (after tax) price tag.
Never tried the size, but thats kinda crazy, guess you like your parka really fitted.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
nah, i wear my stuff fitted a bit, but nothing crazy. the medium was just HUGE. i could have layered a ton of **** under it, which i guess is the intention, but there's no need for that here in nyc.

basically, i equated a small in this parka to a large in any of my engineered garments parkas.

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Forget what I said, I thought you were referring to the Down Parkas, didn't know it was the 6040. Thats why I thought the price of the $300 was pretty decent for a Down.

carpal

Reaction score
so i just went and checked out the CDW parka's at dave's quality meats and my first impression was that these things run HUGE. i asked to see a large, as that's what i wear in EG, WWM, J. Crew, etc. and the dude told me that i would need a medium. the medium was too big, but the small fit fine. i am 6'3" 195-200 lbs, btw.

I got to try one of these on today and found the same thing to be true. I'm 6'4" and would buy a small if I were to get one. I wouldn't even call the small especially fitted. It still had a good bit of the loose parka feeling, and I would have had no problem layering underneath.

pactiger

Reaction score
Has anyone actually purchased the CDW bomber jacket? I was thinking of placing a direct order and was hoping for a little sizing help.

The bomber can be seen here also:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/mavazi/crescent_006/

There's some info on the page, but I was hoping to see if anyone actually owns one.

Thanks much

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ There are measurements on that page you linked.

erbs

Reaction score
That bomber is great. It looks like something Raf would do.

pactiger

Reaction score
"There are measurements on that page you linked"

...I think I'll probably take a Large though and wanted to see if anyone had ordered one or actually felt the jacket in person.

I assume those measurements are:

length, pit to pit, sleeves...

Does anyone that speaks a little Japanese know that this is correct?

The header for the measurement is a picture so it can't be pasted into google translator.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
That bomber is great. It looks like something Raf would do.

Yep raf loves taking cues from classics. Funny you mention this as I've been wanting to customize my own raf version of the cdw bomber for over a year now. Will do so soon perhaps.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody comment on the fit of the CDW goods offered by South Willard?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pactiger
Has anyone actually purchased the CDW bomber jacket? I was thinking of placing a direct order and was hoping for a little sizing help.

The bomber can be seen here also:

http://en.item.rakuten.com/mavazi/crescent_006/

There's some info on the page, but I was hoping to see if anyone actually owns one.

Thanks much

Wow that is a nice jacket. Anybody know where to get it from besides Japan and how much they go for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads