1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crescent Down Works

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jan 26, 2009.

1. basho

basho Well-Known Member

Daaaamn that looks nice. How are the cuffs and collar -- floppy in a bad way? Does anyone have detailed measurements of the S or XS? The South Willard site says a M is a 38, which makes me think these run a bit big (if a M measures 44 pit-to-pit).

2. robin

robin Well-Known Member

I would not size down.

The collar has no lining or structure inside it, but it's not floppy and it stays up when the jacket is worn.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Few pics I found floating around, love the khaki shirt and bomber especially.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

Downshirt looks fantastic, a great slim down outerwear piece, finally.

$300 though? Pricey. Is that just SW's mark up or would I be able to swing by a Seattle location and pick it up for cheaper?

Or I guess, I can wait for sales.

[​IMG]

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

It's not that expensive, the quality is insane and sw do not mark up their clothes as much as other retailers.

Ask robin, very worth the price and these are classics so no sales on these Lel.

6. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

Expensive is relative. Though, from what I've heard, I'm sure these are worth their price, moreso than EG and in the future I will probably choose CDW>EG.

7. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

jet your avatar is rather distracting

here i am trying to look at down coats and all i can do is stare at tatas.

thanks for all the awkward looks and laughs i am getting from melady [​IMG]

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

That's what I'm here for baby, that's what I'm here for.

9. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

Are their any retailers for that italian vest?

10. braidkid

braidkid Well-Known Member

I emailed this company last year to see if they have a store front in seattle and never heard back. Any local places carry their stuff?

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Are their any retailers for that italian vest?

SW ordered them, should be here in about 3 weeks. I actually helped him pick out the fabric and colors so it's going to be wool tweed on the outside and navy ripstop on the inside, got mine reserved for when it comes but not sure of pricing yet guessing from 2-300.

Braid if you email him he can gauge interest and order more, shit has been selling quick to all kinds of people who aren't into fashion and shit, demand was underestimated for this sort of stuff.

12. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Anyone know of US stockists for the bomber? it looks awesome and I'm sure the quality is great.

13. Casual

Casual Well-Known Member

You can order directly from them as long as you know exactly what you want (i.e., size and material).

14. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

^^ Yup, I emailed them about a month ago and they said everything is made to order and can be purchased over the phone/online. They said the down jackets are around $300 and I'm 99% sure I'm going to go with them as searching for a nice vintage one that isn't beat to shit or a Small is getting hard to find. This is the way to go!

15. Casual

Casual Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much the material affects the price. The double ripstop Classico Down Parka I ordered ended up being $500.

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^That's too much imho, sw actually sell them cheaper and can do custom shit as well. If there is enough interest I'm sure he will accomodate.

17. adamha21

X posted in WAYWT. This is the black down shirt purchased from robin. Size medium. Fits good, but I feel like the sleeves might be a bit short. For reference I'm 6'1 and about 185 [​IMG]

18. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

looks good, although are the sides a tiny bit short?

19. wiru

wiru Well-Known Member

looks kind of short in the body to me

20. adamha21

I think I'm unintentionally pulling my t shirt down in that pic. Length on the sides goes down to the bottom of my belt and in the front and back lower. Similar to a BoO shirt.