1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Crescent Down Works

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jan 26, 2009.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

My MC closet is full so I guess I'm spending a little more time (and $) on the weekend stuff...

Merry hanukkwanzxmas to you too

2. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

$207 + shipping is not a bad price for the hooded down jacket.

I picked up the burgundy one [​IMG]

Guessing from DQM? Was going to kop, but not sure if i can do the color for outwear as I'm sare it might look femine on me. Plus the measurements on the website is HUGE

SMALL:

Chest - 21
    Sleeve Length (Shoulder to cuff) 31 - Gorrila arms?
    Body Length 27

Are the sizes CDW makes for companies standard?

3. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Completely guessing - I'll return or sell it if it doesn't fit.

Gotta be pretty insecure about your sexuality if you think a burgundy coat looks feminine [​IMG]

4. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Post impressions when you get it, I'm sure if you sized down one you'll be fine down garments are impossible to measure. I think this will get you hooked on cdw.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Post impressions when you get it, I'm sure if you sized down one you'll be fine down garments are impossible to measure. I think this will get you hooked on cdw.

There was no option to size down one. I'm generally an L, often an XL in the slimmer brands. I went for L there (other size was S). If it's too big, it will simply go back.

6. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Anyone have the lined California Winter Jacket that SW is offering? I want a new winter layering piece but don't feel like going with another down jacket, and this looks pretty nice.

7. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

No xs [​IMG]

8. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Gotta be pretty insecure about your sexuality if you think a burgundy coat looks feminine [​IMG]

Lol i actually wear a lot of burgundy, just don't know if I can pull it off as outwear.

9. nativebelle

nativebelle Well-Known Member

wait, this is what i hate about heritage wear. do you really think that outdoor brands are really second rate? patagonia, arc'teryx, et al? who the heck do you think wears crescent down works on mountains and all of that?

i could wear engineered garments from head to toe but when the weather gets tough, i would hardly consider any of these brands.

My point was that this has better construction, little design details, and warmth for its weight than something like this, which I've tried on. Therefore, I am happy to pay the extra money.

And I really don't know what you're saying anyway - should I only wear shitty clothes in bad weather? Is cheap clothing better suited for the cold than nice clothing? Do people who climb Mt. Everest go to the Patagonia store at the mall to buy their gear? Or are you unfairly projecting some kind of snob appeal onto a very utilitarian piece of clothing?

10. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Pls post fit pics when u get it. Thanks

11. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

12. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

APC's alleged CDW vest $145

I got one this morning. CDW shows APC in its list of stockists on its website so I assume it's CDW indeed

13. Oldboy

Oldboy Well-Known Member

APC's alleged CDW vest $145

Thank you for posting this! Just placed an order for a medium.

14. Seafinch

Seafinch Well-Known Member

Anyone have the lined California Winter Jacket that SW is offering? I want a new winter layering piece but don't feel like going with another down jacket, and this looks pretty nice.

I just want sizing info on this. True to size?

15. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

I just want sizing info on this. True to size?

ryan said the chest measurement is what's next to the size on the site. Not sure if that meant it's the actual chest in inches or just which size best fits that chest.

16. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

17. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

It's listing now at $203 and apparently sold out [​IMG]

Odd about the repricing but it's only sold out in XL ?

18. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

Odd about the repricing but it's only sold out in XL ?

Silly me. Google Chrome may be a bit to progressive for the French. The venerable IE 8 works. Contemplating it but I'll wait to see if it somehow goes back down.

19. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Well-Known Member

for those of you considering buying the SW down shirt, I think the sizing on the site is off. i emailed ryan and asked him to confirm the chest size on the XL - he did, at 21" pit to pit. This didn't jive with robin's measurements on the medium from earlier in this thread, so I asked him to confirm. He did.

I thought it was odd, and that it probably was incorrect, so i went ahead and bought the shirt. The XL measures about 23.5"-24" pit to pit, and fits like a slim XL, rather than an entire size down. Take with a grain of salt I guess, but I think for the down shirt you just order your regular size and it will fit. I think that the pit to pits are probably like 24 > 23 > 22 > 21 for XL > L > M > S. (based on Robin's actual measurements and my own.)

Anyone know how the APC one is sized?

20. London

London Well-Known Member

they had a rack of coats at the apc store