• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01

How many months of the year can you get away with wearing a vest?

Seriously? Just wear it when the temperature dictates you need another layer.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
I had originally wanted the navy but now I am thinking of picking up the olive one.
It is versatile enough to with black, nay, and brown.

How many months of the year can you get away with wearing a vest?

depends on the climate, but in MI i can probably get away with it 3 seasons out of the year.

IMG_2981.jpg

close up of fabric - notice the light blue woven into the navy
IMG_2985.jpg

little further back
IMG_2982.jpg

braindrain

Reaction score
I've wanted one of these pieces for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger on the South Willard/CDW 60/40 lined jacket. I loved it except for the fact that there is no interior zipper. What's up with that? Does everything but their down jackets just have button enclosures?

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braindrain
I've wanted one of these pieces for a while, and I finally pulled the trigger on the South Willard/CDW 60/40 lined jacket. I loved it except for the fact that there is no interior zipper. What's up with that? Does everything but their down jackets just have button enclosures?

I think the consensus is that the zippers CDW use aren't that great.

Talking to Ryan today, it sounded as though he may be preparing another run of wool vests after looking at some new Pendleton wool. He also said he may do shirt jackets and vests in tan and olive 60/40.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The down shirt that CDW does would be perfect if it just had exterior hand warmer pockets like the vest.

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
The down shirt that CDW does would be perfect if it just had exterior hand warmer pockets like the vest.
I like the simplicity of my down shirt as it is. I've seen how they integrate the pocket into the shirt jackets on a rakuten site and I don't like it. Just as with other shirt jackets, I think putting your hands in pockets in a garment that has a shirt tail looks somewhat off.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard back from CDW a couple days ago regarding the bomber inquiry. The response wasn't what I had expected but clears up any confusion about custom orders. I was of the misunderstanding that they took custom orders for retail. The good news is that the a group buy would drop us into wholesale. The bad news is the $5000 minimum, which would probably require around 20-25 participants (random price estimate) for a group order. For those curious as to the details of the response, here's verbatim:

"We are a custom order house based in Seattle, Washington USA and we have terms that make it difficult for some stores but we are sold widely around the world, mostly in Japan. Your order is made especially for your therefore there are absolutely no returns. Our quality is our stock in trade but there may be some variations in material color or assembly, this is to be expected from us. You may order samples and sometime there is a charge per piece for this. Once you have okayed your samples you make your production order (minimum $5000 USD any style, any fabric, any colors), we make you a proforma for your production order, you confirm with a 50% deposit. Our lead times vary but we usually as long as we have a month at least, we can make your order when you want delivery. Samples, of course, can be done quickly usually within 10 days. Once we notify you that your production order is complete, you will prepay completely before we ship. If these are terms that you can accept, please let me know and we will send you our line, swatches and prices."

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doh. I don't think we will find that many people.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anothergreenworld
I like the simplicity of my down shirt as it is. I've seen how they integrate the pocket into the shirt jackets on a rakuten site and I don't like it. Just as with other shirt jackets, I think putting your hands in pockets in a garment that has a shirt tail looks somewhat off.

You have a link to these pics?

DocHunter

Reaction score
So if the minimum is $5000 and you need 25 people, that would mean the price of the bomber would be around $200?

I would be all over that. I bet plenty of other people would be too. With a price point like that for a product of that quality, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find 25 people even this late in the season. Heck, Zissou found about 20 people for those made-to-measure chambrays that cost about $200. It would just take one person to step up and organize the whole thing.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which other e-retailer stocks this brand now that SW doesn't?

Shorty Long

Reaction score
Unionmade in SF lists them as a brand they carry, but it's not available in the webstore.

elusion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHunter
So if the minimum is $5000 and you need 25 people, that would mean the price of the bomber would be around $200?

I would be all over that. I bet plenty of other people would be too. With a price point like that for a product of that quality, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find 25 people even this late in the season. Heck, Zissou found about 20 people for those made-to-measure chambrays that cost about $200. It would just take one person to step up and organize the whole thing.

bump!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads